Nirvana - Come As You Are (Cover) [Not Finished, Need Advice/Critique]

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello beloved TMV Forum.

Another day, another post.

I've started working on a new cover (the previous being Nutshell), now and I hope to progress on it to complete it as well, Just needed to know if I'm going on the right track, as usual, I'm just unsure about how it's sounding. Giving me some direction and as well as a critique would be highly appreciated :)

(It's just the few lines of the beginning anyway :P)

P.S The song starts after 6 seconds.

http://www.reverbnation.com/grungemaniac1/songs

I liked it! Nice timbre and light distortion. I also listened to your cover of Nutshell, and I thought it was really good too. If you don't feel pain in your throat, I would say that you are on the right path. Keep rocking man! And don't forget to finish Come as you are...;)

I liked it! Nice timbre and light distortion. I also listened to your cover of Nutshell, and I thought it was really good too. If you don't feel pain in your throat, I would say that you are on the right path. Keep rocking man! And don't forget to finish Come as you are... ;)

Thank you for the kind words :) Yes, I make sure to keep everything painless.

This sounds good. To me it sounds like it is in your range, you got the right timbre, pitch is good, and it is working for you. It's hard to tell you how to improve it in any way to be honest.

The only thing might be to make it a bit different from the original and put a bit more of your unique stamp on it as you finish it. You can sing this song well in the style of Kurt, but what if you were to do something slightly different with it?

If you sing a song that is 'outside your zone' I think we'd have more tech help. You've got this area covered and it's good.

I like your version better than the original.

Damn, that means a great deal to me, Thank you!

This sounds good. To me it sounds like it is in your range, you got the right timbre, pitch is good, and it is working for you. It's hard to tell you how to improve it in any way to be honest.

The only thing might be to make it a bit different from the original and put a bit more of your unique stamp on it as you finish it. You can sing this song well in the style of Kurt, but what if you were to do something slightly different with it?

If you sing a song that is 'outside your zone' I think we'd have more tech help. You've got this area covered and it's good.

Thank you, Yes I like the idea of adding my own flavor to it :) , I'll try something different after this.

^ I think that is because Kurt was one of those guys who was more of a songwriter than a singer, if you know what I mean. Sure, he had a sound a lot of people identified with but his songwriting was really strong. A good singer like grungemaniac is going to make it sound better because he sings better than Kurt. I am not dissing Kurt but I do like this version better for whatever indefinable reasons.

• 1 month later...

Hi there

Really like the nirvana cover. I play guitar but have never sung but want to learn.

I've been playing a lot of nirvana lately on guitar, would like to hear heart shaped box from you. Cheers Gary.