• TMV World Legacy Member
I need some ideas why this vocals dont sound musical especially on hi notes, its me singing i think when i hit hi notes it sucks,
is ther some vocal coach that can give me some advice i'm a bit lost
here is the audio sample 

• Administrator

Pretty color to your voice... if you had a voice coach and were training to build your voice into something that you have more control and understanding of, it could sound really pretty for sure... I can hear it... but you need to train. 

Advise for you?

1). Stop "hitting" high notes, and start singing "deep" notes... referring to the fear that is created sub-contiously when we perceive frequency in terms of "up / down" & "low / high". This would mean, you are going to have to learn about the acoustics of the voice, vowels, formants and how to shift formants which is really what happens when higher frequencies are singing. 

2). Honestly, when I hear your voice, I hear nice colors and potential, but there is no quick tip or secret tip that anyone can give you that is going to make a BIG, meaningful difference in your singing unless you are prepared to study voice technique, train to get stronger, learn about how the voice works and sing. If you are already singing a lot, then you have to incorporate good vocal training routines into your habits as well... especially if you are a beginner to singing technique and are having issues. 

I offer a training program for singers that is very comprehensive. It is a book, Videos and Audio content with detailed training routines that show you how to practice and train to get stronger with your voice. That would include, singing high notes of course... among many other things you need to do with your voice as an artist. The home study program is called, "The Four Pillars of Singing".  It has been sold in over 90 countries in the world and enjoys a 100%, 5-Star reviews... just saying, its pretty good and people enjoy it a lot... but its only for people that want to get serious about this. 

I also offer a "New Student Package" which saves you $152... you get the complete "4 Pillars" vocal training system downloaded to your desktop, the online version for your smart phone and tablet + 3 lessons with me, one hour a piece.  Click HERE to learn about that. 

Click on the Links below in my signature:

- Table of Contents

- The Four Pillars Reviews

Feel free to send me a private email if you have more questions.

Here are some videos I produced that are meant to help people in your situation... 

Robert is right that there is no quick advice to hit the high notes. I can hear a very nice timbre in there and I like the phrasing and passionate delivery and I already do like a lot of things about your voice.

If you want a tip into hitting high notes, I think for me it is probably bridging in general. You would improve much, much, much quicker with a vocal coach and professional program, but I would not neglect your falsetto/head voice and find ways of making this connect so you can take some weight off.

This thread has useful information where we tried to help another poster in finding his bridge:

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

However, even though I think his native language is English, he was having serious difficulty applying this. Even if we tried to help you with text, it could only go so far and would take an immense amount of time on our parts and yours.

The voice is very, very complicated, it helps a great deal to have face to face contact, and/or a really organized program. I have a very close friend who I have been helping learn sing, as while I'm not a top tier expert, I can hold my own with singing, but even with her, she's my friend so I spend a lot of face to face time, there are no miracles. It takes a huge amount of work.

So when Robert says not to expect miracles, you should believe him, it's not just a sales pitch. That said, you can improve on your own, but it's going to be an uphill battle and you'd likely never reach the level of a trained pro.

• Administrator

Mateus,

This community REALLY knows what they are talking about. If it isn't from a coach and author of voice training techniques like myself, it is at least a person like "Killer" that has been singing and training for years. Most of these guys know a LOT about training and the voice. This is the real deal in here.

Thank you for your advice and kind words, I think one of the problems I have with the voice is psychological, I have been training the voice for some time, I have times that I was singing and that my voice was effortless, other times it seems I have to strain to reach the notes, I think that Robert is  completely right when he speaks about  learning on take the voice through the bridges, I'm concentrate on that now, and I'm doing some sirens exercices, for a while and possibly will buy the program The Four Pillars of Singing 

thanks a lot

• Administrator

Thank you for your advice and kind words, I think one of the problems I have with the voice is psychological, I have been training the voice for some time, I have times that I was singing and that my voice was effortless, other times it seems I have to strain to reach the notes, I think that Robert is  completely right when he speaks about  learning on take the voice through the bridges, I'm concentrate on that now, and I'm doing some sirens exercices, for a while and possibly will buy the program The Four Pillars of Singing 

thanks a lot

Mateus, yes... a big part of your focus needs to be... bridging the vocal registers and physical strengthening and coordination of M2 or head voice resonance. Without this, there really is little purpose in putting in all the work and energy into training. In my view, "Bridging & Connecting" IS the sport of vocal technique, or at least 80% of the point when you are a beginner or still developing and learning.

I would be thrilled to have you as a client. If you invest in the program, I can assure you that a lot of questions about how the singing voice works for you will be answered and the program provides you with very clear instructions on how to practice efficiently and how to train with the content. It is very factual and to the point... no mysteries. Let me know if you have more questions.

Sorry to pound on you with this... but I like this video... it does a good job of making the "Bridging & Connecting is a Priority" point... thought you might enjoy it. Anyways, look forward to helping you.