Thoughts on Blink of an Eye EP

• Review My Singing Membership

I thought I'd post an official review my singing thread for my new EP "Blink of an Eye" available on all major music platforms. What are your thoughts? What do you like? what do you not like? whats your favorite song?

iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/blink-of-an-eye-ep/id1208272015

Spotify

Cool song! Your voice reminds me of the more famous male pop singers of the 80's. Your style of music is perfect for getting placement in movies and TV. That's a very viable and potentially very profitable career path and/or income stream.

I'm curious. Your placement is very much on your throat until you make edgier vowels sounds or go up in pitch. For instance, the first word you pulled up and forward in the song was "make". But in general you didn't lift the voice to the soft palate unless you went to higher notes. It gives an interesting and unique sound to your voice, but also a bit inconsistent. Did you do that on purpose? I'm not saying it's bad, just unique. The singer for Disturbed did very similar placements for their cover of The Sound of Silence.

I think working on keeping your vowels lifted more to the soft palate (possibly edged towards the hard palate) and away from speech vowels will make your voice more consistent in sound across the board. It would still go deeper into the soft palate as the pitch raises, but your tone, timbre, and breath support would be more consistent. The quickest way to tell the difference would be to smile (which naturally supports lifting of the voice) and also place a finger on your bottom lip and try to sing up and over it.

• Review My Singing Membership
On 2/28/2017 at 6:16 PM, Draven Grey said:

Cool song! Your voice reminds me of the more famous male pop singers of the 80's. Your style of music is perfect for getting placement in movies and TV. That's a very viable and potentially very profitable career path and/or income stream.

I'm curious. Your placement is very much on your throat until you make edgier vowels sounds or go up in pitch. For instance, the first word you pulled up and forward in the song was "make". But in general you didn't lift the voice to the soft palate unless you went to higher notes. It gives an interesting and unique sound to your voice, but also a bit inconsistent. Did you do that on purpose? I'm not saying it's bad, just unique. The singer for Disturbed did very similar placements for their cover of The Sound of Silence.

I think working on keeping your vowels lifted more to the soft palate (possibly edged towards the hard palate) and away from speech vowels will make your voice more consistent in sound across the board. It would still go deeper into the soft palate as the pitch raises, but your tone, timbre, and breath support would be more consistent. The quickest way to tell the difference would be to smile (which naturally supports lifting of the voice) and also place a finger on your bottom lip and try to sing up and over it.

Thanks for the reply, yea the placement like that was done on purpose i knew what i was doing.  

• 1 month later...