Review Please! Stephanie Challis 1st Live Performance Better Than You Left Me Cover

Rate this topic

• Administrator

Hi Stephanie, sorry for the long wait... 

For 5 lessons your doing great... and it is clear that you have a good voice for singing. The strengths here are that you have groove and good rhythm. You have soul.. and pretty good intonation.

This could be better if you could dampen your larynx more to warm up the sound color. It is a little bit brittle and bright, which is common for anyone that doesn't dampen their larynx when singing, especially women due to the smaller vocal tract. Don't misread me, you are a GOOD singer!!... but you would benefit a lot getting your larynx down, "warmed up", and exploring resonance more.

Do you have any vocal training content to work with? I would be happy to show you how to get a warmer sound in your sound color and command and control your larynx. It would take your singing to another level. Feel free to reach out to me on the email system so we can discuss.

Hope this helps. 

I enjoyed listening to your voice and its great for only just 5 lessons and you can only improve from here. just keep up the great work and always warm your voice up before you sing and you will see a lot of improvement. 

you look very comfortable being on a stage which is great :)

2 hours ago, ellise k said:

I enjoyed listening to your voice and its great for only just 5 lessons and you can only improve from here. just keep up the great work and always warm your voice up before you sing and you will see a lot of improvement. 

you look very comfortable being on a stage which is great :)

?