Hank Williams acoustic cover

Hey guys, sorry for not being around for the last few weeks.  I took a quick trip back home to see my family and start the preparations to moving back to MS from California.  I recorded this tune today for fun and would be happy to share it with the few classic country fans we have here. :) Anyway, happy to be back on the forum and hope you guys enjoy.

http://picosong.com/N99s/

cPOh14H.png

• TMV World Legacy Member

To quote Waylon Jennings, "I don't think Hank done it this-a-way." But it would be very close, as if this were a modern recording but the same sound voice some what. I like your version better. The problem with Hank's recordings was not just tech limits it was his full on nasal sound that was okay in small doses but grew to be overbearing very quickly. Whereas, you have a pleasing voice for a southern gentleman.

So, what would have caused you to move from Ole Miss to So Cal? School? Affairs of the heart? Extradition policies? :bang:

On 4/2/2016 at 5:52 AM, ronws said:

To quote Waylon Jennings, "I don't think Hank done it this-a-way." But it would be very close, as if this were a modern recording but the same sound voice some what. I like your version better. The problem with Hank's recordings was not just tech limits it was his full on nasal sound that was okay in small doses but grew to be overbearing very quickly. Whereas, you have a pleasing voice for a southern gentleman.

So, what would have caused you to move from Ole Miss to So Cal? School? Affairs of the heart? Extradition policies? :bang:

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it "Southern Gentleman" hahaha.. reminds me of Chet Atkin's guitar more than myself. :) 

I plan to move back purely because I miss the country lifestyle.  Thought I would come out to the city for bigger opportunities with school but I ended up finding out that the opportunities weren't worth the stress of living in the heart of the city.  I'm thankful for the experience but I can't wait to get back heheh.  Thanks again you two.  

cPOh14H.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • TMV World Legacy Member

I liked it Jeremy! I never heard this song before, but I thought your voice was a perfect match for it, sweet and smooth with a touch of sadness (it sounds like a wine description). I think I heard a few off-pitch moments easy to fix, but overall it was a good cover. I don't know why but I was transported to some beach watching the Sunset...