House of the rising sun

Hey guys its been a while just moved to the states, trying to settle in lol

I'm getting married in a week, so ive had hardly anytime to sing.....

i had 20 mins free today, so i layed this down..

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11414663

as always any criticism or advice on how to sing better is appreciated :)

PS

also if anyone could identify my vocal fach id love to know.....ive been told im everything from a high baritone to a high tenor lol

On a good day i can comfortably sing from Ab2 to D5

Congrats and all the very best! or GO BACK! IT'S A TRAP!

What about "House...."

...that was crazy good Chavie. This song really shows how amazing singer you are!

For some reason soundclick is not opening up correctly on my system. I'll check later. Where did you move to in the United States?

Ok - it worked! Great job. Really nice version. Your voice is superb on this.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent job, Chavie. Nice rubato on the lyrics. Cool, soft Elvis thingy on "ball and chain." I like it better than the original, though I wished the organ was punched up a little in the solo.

You are a lyric tenor. Fach is not just range but tessitura, or texture. I've read a few different descriptions of fachs. But, nominally, for classical music, a fach covers about two octaves. Tenor is basically described as C3 to C5. Others have said, take your lowest usable note and add 2 to 2.5 octaves. I like Steven Fraser's definition the best. your usable range is where you have the greatest dynamics (control over volume and tone.) That being said, there are some basses and baritones that can sing D5. But, hearing your voice over our time here, I would say that you are tenor, with a lyrical weight.

And congratulations on the marriage and enjoy living in the states, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Chavie, I was in my teens when this song came out by The Animals. Then I remember Frijid Pink. Of course many others have done it before and since those groups. But I really liked your version from a couple weeks ago.

As a new guy to learning singing, I'm impressed when someone surprises me with their choice of notes. A guitarist whose name I've forgotten said his goal was to play so that no one knew which note was coming next.

You did that for me at one part around 3:40. I was expecting you to go higher and wasn't sure if going higher was effective. But you didn't. You hit the perfect place.

A more astute observer might not be impressed by this, but I liked your choice. The whole song sounded really, really nice.

Congrats on the song. And moreso, congrats on your marriage.

Prior to Freebird. "House" was my favorite song in the world. Thanks for letting me hear it sung so well.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys its been a while just moved to the states, trying to settle in lol

i had 20 mins free today, so i layed this down..

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11414663

as always any criticism or advice on how to sing better is appreciated :)

PS

also if anyone could identify my vocal fach id love to know.....ive been told im everything from a high baritone to a high tenor lol

On a good day i can comfortably sing from Ab2 to D5

Such a very amazing link!

Watch John Carter Online Free

Archived