Let me know what you think

• TMV World Legacy Member

Although I have been singing for 40+ years I am still a beginner.

I have just learned about cvt and the concept of modes. I have had no voice training.

I have been watching the various singing tips on youtube trying gain understanding and improve my singing.

Any advice would help.

About 10 years ago I made some recordings For my Aunt who needed a demo of her songs, also some songs that my Brother wrote before he passed. They are mainly Country oriented which is not my preference by I was recording for them not me. Everything is me except drums.

If you notice any roadblocks in my voice please let me know.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=5203271&q=hi&newref=1

www.soundclick.com/joepublic

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

The harmonies reminded me of the Beach Boys. You've got a straight tone that reminds me of Ozzy Osbourne, though your voice is cleaner, of course. Nice to see another person here that ain't afraid to do country.

We had a young lady that posted here a few times. Now, she posts new stuff on the main media site, as it should be.

I did a country song here, once. Received a few positive comments.

So, good for you and keep singing.

Thanks for your comment. I am looking for improvement. That is why I am here.

If you notice anything I need work on let me know. I do not know what to train or how.

As I mentioned, you have a straight tone. Which is also a lack of vibrato in the voice, at least from what I can hear. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. Ozzy Osbourne has made a career out of it.

Your sound is very traditional, old school country. And as long as you stick to songs like that, you'll probably be okay. You also have one tone throughout. So, you might try singing softer here and there, just to vary the sound and the emotion. A good example of varying the softness and loudness of a note or parts of a song is "Live Like You were Dying" by Tim McGraw.

This sounds much better than the other sample you sent man. Very nice to listen.

Reminds me of Paul Simon.

As I told you before the best way to improve is to look for a coach/teacher. Your voice sounds more relaxed than in the other sample, still on a few notes you are hitting them from bellow, a sign of tension.

GL!

Felipe, The other clip, the REO song, I did last night in the bedroom trying to get something for all of you to hear. Yes I was tense . I wanted to get it in a soon as I could so you all had something to hear from me.

This song was written by my aunt and she wanted an old style country flavor.

The songs on soundclick that were written by my brother have more of a pop or blues feel.

Ronws, I know now that I am not supporting correctly. But the advice that the both of you gave in another post has given me good direction. That should help in getting my vibrato started. And the dynamics.

I had always thought that I was supporting correct But people have kept telling me I was singing from the throat, But could not guide me on what I should do to correct this.