Trying "Wasted Years" by Iron Maiden

Rate this topic

Hi, singing folks!

I have been away for awhile but i thought i would jump back into this excellent forum and also give you something to critique on. Bad or Good, as long as it is constructive critique it is always welcome.

Thanx in advance

https://www.box.com/s/6a3ff84a2d3c68c2de93

Sounds a bit over compressed, but still have a great tone. Some pitchy spots as well, but not horrific by any means. This is another very difficult song to sing. My band does it every once in a while. Bravo for singing it! Bruce would be proud!

I agree with Keith. Great tone and for the most part sounded good other than pitch issues mostly on the high parts; although they were scattered in some of the verses too. I have to say that the song started off great and I raised an eyebrow because it sounded so good!! But right at 42 seconds pitch goes sour :) But as Keith said the song as a whole wasn't horrific. Not an easy song and you did a good job .

Hehe, good it wasn´t horrific :) Well, i can hear that phrase there at 42 sec is off pitch. I´ve always had problems hearing the right pitch, need to pracitse more on that. I sing along and it feels like it´s right pitch but then when i listen it doesn´t seem right. Can you hear more phrases that are totally off pitch? "And it makes me wanna cry" dcesn´t seem right either in the last verse. Thanx for listening Tommy.

Well, after having compared the original with my version genuinly i must say that my version is very sour and sucks. I will be back with a much better approach. Thanx for listening, folks.

I liked this version better, though the mix is different. But your voice sounded more in tune with the song. I wish we could get rid of those crappy background vocals that are embedded in the karaoke tracks.

Well done, Olem.

More of a Dickenson sound on this one. Also, not as compressed as the last, but the chorus flat (something that didn't happen in the original you did) I think its the backup that's flat. Anyway, another great attempt at a very hard song!

Hello, there! Thanx for listening once again, Keith and Ron. Well i am not satisfied with the mixing result and it doesn´t sound so good in "box.com" . I think it sounds better in the video i make for dropbox. My beautiful daughter is in this video but please try to concentrate on my vocals ok? :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdiiyh9qai1z8fq/Wasted%20Years%202.wmv

There are so many songs posted here I miss so many :D I never realized you did a second version.

I really liked this one and at first I thought it was you posting a professional band or the original song (I'm not familiar with this music) it was so good. I agree with the others about the pitch issues but what I noticed is they happen mostly in the parts with backing vocals. There were a couple of other spots but I think mostly when you sang with the backing singers. Really good job though. Nice vibrato.

Thanx for listening Guitargeorge and Tommy. Guitargeorge: I will try your suggestion, thanx for the tip. Tommy: Maybe i should stop doing harmonies, it seems i can´t get it right :lol: