Solitaire - Kamelot Cover

Rate this topic

Here is another Kamelot cover. I think I did a little better on this one than the one I posted yesterday. This time I just did lip bubbles and some light sirenes before singing it. Please critique. Tell me if ya hate it or something (lol)

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12034795&q=hi&newref=1

Now, I understand. I have not heard the original and thought post-editing was holding back. Anyway, I thought it was a good job.

I was thinking the high parts could be louder. Then I realized, I sing high parts louder. Stuck in my own stink, as it were.

You have the right voice for this sing, I think.

It sometimes sounds a bit like you're changing placement, from far back in you mouth on the lower parts to very far in front on the high notes. First verse "spinning cards that look the same" stands out from the rest of the phrases, seems like the placement is different. Nothing wrong with that, but something to keep in mind maybe?

Overall I think you did a good job on this one! The passagio area still needs a little more work so it sounds as good as the lower part of your voice. I get the feeling you sound a bit hoarse (do you spell it like that?) in the passagio. I think it'll settle with some more practice in that area.

In the lower parts you sometimes sound strikingly much like Roy Kahn (and yes, I know this song is sung by Karevik, but you still sound more like Kahn). I can hear you've been listning a bit to him :)