Howie Day Collide; honest critiques...more or less gave it my all

• TMV World Legacy Member

You're out of tune. Get a mike and plug it into your computer, then go to http://www.seventhstring.com/tuner/tuner.html and sing single sustained (10-20 second) notes and try to keep the pitch as steady as possible.

Well, I hear a weak and under-suported voice. That's the problem in my opinion, pitch is just one of the symptoms.

By addressing pitch you would end up causing more harm than good.

Masterson, I suggest you find a good teacher to help you. I guarantee your voice will improve!

Nick

master it does not really matter at the case man, but if you try to fix pitch problems on the song from this weak state, then you will have strain, and probably will still be pitchy due to the tensions.

I agree that it must be worked, easy interval jumps, on an area that the voice is comfortable, top notch.

op, you have a lovely tone of voice that really fits the song and vice versa, the song fits in your voice. And you have a sense of interval (distance between two pitches.) You are not calibrated, however. It's as if you are referencing an internal source of key than the actual music, itself. And if you can't hear that, yourself, then you need someone with a good set of ears to give you indicators up or down to re-align your sense of pitch.

And you do need better breath management. Even the low volume low pitch part of it requires control.

And believe it or not, a few people here think you can do this and you are already better than some. There are some submissions and singers who never get a comment, good or bad. You're at least up on "radar."