Check it out - prog rock original - "the graves"

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've shared anything.

Check out my new original, somewhere between prog rock, doom, and idk what.

The lowest note here is an A1, not my lowest, but good. The highest is an A4 in full, backin vox before the solo.

Awesome, Adon. Absolutely love those graveyard lows. It sounds like you are the bottom of a rock quarry.

And the mid range, very David Bowie and I mean that as a high compliment.

it's scary that you can do all this at your age. I have been playing guitar for 2.5 times your lifespan to date and you've got me beat. Then, again, my brother, who is only 2.5 years younger than I am whoops my butt on that, too.

Keep doing this stuff. And find a business manager and release it.

And I shall be the only one to comment on it. It seems that original stuff doesn't get that much notice around here. And I think it's because there is no "original" artist to compare it to.

If this were a cover of a Journey song, the thread would explode with a 1,001 bits of advice on how to sound just like Steve Perry.

Oh well, good stuff. Adon, always play like it's a packed house. Even if it's just me at the bar with my slow, methodical clap.

Even if it's just me at the bar with my slow, methodical clap

LOL!

Well I cant blame them. I usually don't listen to originals threads either.

Thanks derek!

LOL!

Well I cant blame them. I usually don't listen to originals threads either.

Thanks derek!

Ever the entertainer, Adon. Where as, I am an irascible old cuss. I don't mind that I am admitting to being mature enough and artistic enough to appreciate original effort and not just copies, which are also good. And yes, I typed that in my "outside voice."

Keep rocking, Adon. You give me hope for the next generation.

Rock is not dead.

I haven't had a chance to sit back and listen to anything for a while. Adon, again you rock. That sounded like something you would hear in 80's Vampire movie. To me at least that rocks. I have to 2nd what Ronws said 'You give me hope for the next generation". :)

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

We need more originals on here.....

Very cool vibe....Im not hearing any noticeable influences (thats a good thing in prog)

Awesome low notes!!!

Very nice timbre to your voice as well

Loved the choir section!!!

As you can tell by the exclamation points.....i really dug this

I Would definitely buy an album with this tune on it :)

PS

Also i just posted an equally dark tune i think you might like

id love your opinions on it.

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Heh, I agree with Ron. You do sound like a slightly grittier Bowie in the middle, and it works very well with this song.

I agree with Chavie, as well. Not that I have any objection whatsoever to covers being posted, but hearing a taste of the songwriting from members here is a bonus.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

I just listened to it, again. And it's as good as the first time.

Adon, you have an awesome set of skills. A great voice and the intuition to know how to use it to express emotion. And the ability to write some awesome songs. Those don't always happen together. And your musician and recording skills are also incredible.

You need to be doing something with that, right now. Johnny Lang, a blues prodigy, had a recording contract at 17. Kenny Wayne Shepherd, another blues prodigy, similar story. So, you need to catch up. :lol:

Right now, you are young and strong and unattached and not weighed down by a mortgage. Get out there and strike while the iron is hot. Like, now.

Excellent job on this. Great composition - love the guitar tones, and layers. Your voice is spectacular on this. Very well produced. I really like how you use your low range - and the harmonies are superb as is the use of vocal effects. The production is really good. Cool guitar solos.

You know who I hear? Damon Albarn from Blur and the Gorillaz. I hear it in the voice and the composition itself. He's not metal and he doesn't seem to have the super low notes, but this is what I thought of.

(Embedding seems disabled)