The Show Must Go On - Queen Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello!!!

This is a tribute to Freddie Mercury and a legendary band named Queen,

My personal thanks to Ale Berlino and Ricky Morello for the audio production and to my wife for the paintings in the video :-)

I hope you will like it!

Andrea

I liked it. Clean articulation, crisply done, not easy, especially in the higher ranges.

I was going to say something about accent but it doesn't really matter. Freddie was lebanese, raised in Great Britain, so, he had an accent, too.

And before others beat me about the head and shoulders if I don't say something about the nasal tone in some places, well, it has been determined from our recent discussions that nasal sound is allowed in pop music. Even expected in certain cases. So, you did fine with this song.

Good pitch, good legato, as far as I can hear. Tremendous sustain. I would say, keep doing what you are doing, it sounds good to me.

good job :D good command over your range. in places it was a bit bright for my taste, perhaps a bit twangy, but that's preference i guess more than anything. Well done :D

Professional vocalist in Devon, England. Here's the link to my website: [url=http://www.ginaellenvocalist.co.uk/]professional vocalist in Devon[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/gina-ellen]My soundcloud[/url]

Oh my god, I was expecting to hear a man's voice but you sound like a woman!

Sorry if I am deviating from the subject of this thread but how is this possible? Do you talk like a woman as well? Or is it an artistic choice of yours?

Nick

Hi Nick!

No choice, these are my chords :) I'm a very high tenor (like Geddy Lee or Asaf Avidan), in this song I'm not using falsetto, except in some little parts in the strophe. Sometimes I used the Stop Closure Falsetto in the high part of my range, that is for me a natural tecnique, I had to discovered my real head voice more recently. The difference between real head voice and stop closure falsetto is that the real high tones for a tenor sung in head voice ( G3 - C#4 ) are more convincing ( I sang the high tones of this Queen Cover with my head voice) than those sung in the stop closure falsetto in the same range, but if you pass later in the falsetto register, the voice tone is more convincing, the stop closure falsetto register is very useful in the highest tone (D4 - A4), more powerful and beautiful than the traditional falsetto.

To hear my highest tone, listen to this:

I'm so sorry some mistakes in this last song but I'm still studying, my voice is not easy to "tame".

:/ My speaking voice is rather acute, sometimes at the phone someone exchange me for my wife ... lol

Same here, though my sibilants, such as esses and cees are not as sharp as yours. The pitch and timbre of my voice makes some think of a husky-voiced woman. And I have known some women who speak at a lower pitch than I do.

Now, I know, I am not alone. More power to the girly voice!

:| I have a normal mans voice. But I still sound like Miss Piggy when I sing above G#4. :lol::P :rolleyes:

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

ronws and MDEW, we are not alone!! :lol:

I think that there are superposition between lower female voices and higher man voices, ie: Lisa Gerrard has incredibles low tones, she seems to me a lower tenor in the first part of her range :)

My speaking voice is rather acute, sometimes at the phone someone exchange me for my wife ... lol

ha ha ha

You sound like woman. Use it and do crazy good female hits: Dion, Houston etc. Create YouTube profil, grab 1000000000 views, get invited to Ellen, Letterman.... etc shows and after this... sky is the limit.

cheers

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach

Don't worry. Miss Piggy is the greatest power metal voice ever :D

Yes, but it gets you kicked out of Bars if you are singing Southern Rock.

But I have also found out that the things that I have been fighting against are the things that will help me.

For years I had been trying to get that buzzing noise out of my head. It turns out that it is the resonance everyone is looking for. Miss Piggy and Elmo helped me keep my cords together in head voice and replaced Micky Mouse. Now I just need to add some Human characteristics and I will be fine.

Oh Well, I am a character anyway.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."