Pearl Jam - Alive & U2 - the ground beneath her feet- cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

I've just found this cover i made about one year ago...I kinda overdid the screamy parts in an unpleasant way,since i'm not that good at it,(i was practicing so.. sorry for that :D)

https://db.tt/yxC7TJQe

oh..here is another one. u2 the ground beneath her feet. really love this one.

https://db.tt/D3kyuuz9

any comment accepted!

Hey man, I just listenned to Alive... I sincerelly did not like it, it sounds like you are doing everything right on your voice to sing it, you have control, you know the whole song and the interpretation, but the "eddie vedder" thing is way overdone.

Clearly it is a choice... but sincerely as it is, it brakes the mood.

I just listenned to the U2 song, much better. You did a few "bonoesque" things but much more carefully, much better. Sounds good :).

hi felipe!

yeah i agree with you... that's the way it came out. my voice sounds a bit like vedder's sometimes..and yeah..in some points i was trying to imitate him. thanks for the advice : )

Actually, I liked both. And I don't think you sounded much like Eddie, at all. You have a bigger, fuller sound, for one thing. I don't think you threw too much "Eddie" on it. And you cover helped me realize something that I did not catch with the original recording as I was used to hearing it. Eddie is singing jazz. Sure, the song is arranged as a blues-based hard rock song, labeled as grunge because of the fat guitar tone, the clothes worn by the musicians, and the record company's autistic like desire to label every thing "grunge" at the time because they thought it would sell better. But that vocal line is jazz. Sweet.

I liked the U2 cover and I have liked more U2 stuff than PJ stuff. But, between these two, the PJ cover worked for me a little better, as a listener.

Good stuff (which from me, is the kiss of death :lol: ).

hey ronws!

vedder has a huge sound and an incredible squillo in his upper range and screams..i hardly doubt i sound bigger and fuller...but thanks anyway, that's personal after all..i appreciate that.

The u2 song is harder for me to sing so i think that's why the PJ cover works better for you!

thanks for the comment ; )

Sounds pretty good to me. :) It is clear that you can sing the first song any way that you want to, But it does sound as if you are trying out things with the song instead of just singing it.

Do not take that the wrong way It was pretty good as it is. It is just apparent that you can sing this way better. :)

U2 sounded great.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Hey, great set of covers! Keeping true to the Eddie Vedder discussion, your rendition and the way you use your voice does sound imitative of the original, but everybody channels their influences differently and sometimes in more ways than others. It's not that it is a slight on your performance, but there's already an Eddie Vedder, and you sound so much better as yourself singing a U2 song :P the vocal patches near the end sounded great (if you recorded them, not sure if it was a pre-made backing track or not), and I heard little-to-no Bono in there myself.

Keep doing what you're doing, it's working. Work with your influences, but remember that the world wants to hear your voice, I think it has a very nice quality to it that.

And no one realizes just how important clean carpet is for a rock singer. We just can't function without a floor covering clean enough to eat dinner on. Actually, for some rock stars, that's par for the course. Even actors like David Hasselhoff during his drinking days. I am so glad you posted your spam here. We were in dire need ....

yeah, keep your carpet clean, it helps :D

@youngbuck

yes, the u2 backing track was pre-made...but i honestley can't remember if i sung the "my oh my" near the end (if you mean those) probably just some of them. thanks for the comment ; )