I would love feedback/critique with my covers!

Rate this topic

Hey guys!

I am working on a Dark Celtic album. It's going to have traditional songs, as well as some of my own compositions. I recorded this cover three years ago (when I was 19) and I plan on having a similar style to this song "Mummer's Dance" by Loreena Mckennitt. Here is the link:

Also, this next clip is a cover that I did back in January. It's called "Haunted Hearts" by The Dark Tenor. This song is very similar to the albums I produced with Midnight Syndicate, very haunting. I hope enjoy and let me know what you think!

http://youtu.be/ay_IFwaOZ3o?list=UUi_zTlBy_xIP0bPdhOyygzA

I have recorded all of these covers at a local studio. All of the backing tracks are also me, and the only thing I add to the song is a reverb effect. I refuse to use any auto-tune. So what you hear is my actual voice. I was classically trained and believe in using my voice without modifying it.

Thanks so much!

I've listened to some of the covers you posted on your youtube account and I loved them. I am a fan of your music and I love the Amy Lee-sque tone that your voice has sometimes. Do you know Heather Dale? I'd love to hear you cover her song May Queen or Exile. Your voice is perfect for either song.

• Administrator

I have just purchased destini's CD's, "A Time Forgotten" and "The Dark Masquerade" and was totally impressed. First and foremost, her phenomenal vocals !!! The artwork is great, as well as the mixing and mastering !

I'm looking forward to buying her new CD as soon as it's available :cool:

Highly recommended purchases !!! AND, you can't beat the pricing....

Check out her website :cool:

I wrote Destini and mentioned that writing testimonials is not one of my strong points.... I think she understands ?

Finally, I want to thank Destini for all the kindness she has shown to me !!! :D

Although, the music is not the type I listen to normally, Destini does an Outstanding professional job on the track samples (from her site) and links she posted...

Really impressive with your control, tone and feel you put into your material... Each piece to me, takes my mind vision to a scene or start/ending credits of a major film or hit t.v show, such as Game of Thrones, or True Blood, etc...

Bravo Destini, Bravo.

Well my last two albums were in the haunting and gothic genre, so I'm taking my style which is dark/haunting and mixing it with traditional Celtic songs and original compositions. It will have a Celtic theme but more ambient and dark. (If that makes sense lol) That's the gold anyway.

And thank you! I have a Facebook page that I will be posting updates and songs on www.facebook.com/destinibeardmusic :)