Helloween - Halloween Full Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

I've been working a lot on my higher technique lately after hitting a wall with it for quite a while. I surprised myself once I figured out I could sing this song. Let me know what you guys think. It starts off a tad shaky but gets better and better as it goes along making it one of my proudest moments as a singer so far.

Well, first of all I'd say not bad at all. The main technical problem is that you don't support the voice good enough, therefore your vibrato is unstable and the sound isn't smooth. The major performance problem is that you try to sing this song in an "operatic" manner. This is not Nessun Dorma, it's Halloween :)

But, is Halloween the "nessun dorma" of heavy metal?

Just as Jens, in another thread, conquering a song that he wanted in the style that he wanted, following the original singer's line and sound choices, as if it were "nessun dorma," the signature piece of operatic tenors everywhere.

Jugulator I dont think the support is off he would be able to tackle this piece then. :) I just think it's about "owning" the song and for all to be second nature.

Well done on this! beastly song :)

I think it sounded very good. No strain, a great metal voice. I don´t know Igor, many metal singers sound operatic - Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford to mention a few.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The only problem I feel like I'm having that I'm not sure how to fix is for some reason it's quite hard to get to the point in a practice session where I can sing like this. It took hours that day to get to that point, and it becomes frustrating how I seem to get a bit yelpy if I don't put in the proper amount of time to get there. Could I be missing something?