Trying something different - Elvis "Can´t Help Falling In Love"

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi!

I have never sung somthing low like this and i must say it was very difficult - the support and the vibrato required for this song was a great challenge. Well, i don´t really know how i was doing, you tell me. Any critique good as bad is always welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/ola73/cant-help-falling-in-love

Sounded Pretty good to me. :) I don't know if you were actually trying to sound like Elvis or not but I think Elvis has more of a classical sound. He starts his notes in a low registration but lets the notes ring in his head.

I was also going to post an Elvis song. I still may. I will in no way be trying to sound like Elvis. :P

The Vibrato comes in easier for me in the lower registration. I think that Vibrato has everything to do with a balance. The proper amount of Air and air pressure to the amount of cord closure.

Anyway... Good job. :cool:

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Hey Olem, nice work man! It sounds like you were actually having fun with this song. I really liked the way your voice sounded so low. I think you just need to practice a bit more to fix a few parts on the bridge that sounded weaker, and maybe slightly off-pitch. Keep rocking man! :cool:

Thanx for listening MDEW and Gneetap! I am not used to sing a whole song this low so it was a new experience for me, sometimes i think i run out of air and lose the vibrato. I am always having fun when i sing btw. I think i will give it a try again even though i prefer to sing hard rock.

It sounded to me like you were trying to emulate Elvis's sound, which made it sound unnatural. The vibrato sounded a little forced and wobbly. In the opening, when you sang "can't help falling in love with you," is when you sounded most natural. It sounded free and unforced. It did not sound like you were trying to copy Elvis. Maybe we got a true glimpse of your real voice?

If you're used to singing hard rock, this could easily be a good song for you to mix it up. I had to smile when you first started singing because it's such a classic. I'm all in favor of adding a little surprise to your set of songs, especially with this kind of song. Since it's a classic song, and a very sweet song, it can endear you to your audience and convert your listeners (especially female listeners) into fans. :)

The Aspiring Singer
Resources and inspiration for aspiring singers - from beginners to professionals
www.theaspiringsinger.com
Twitter: @theaspiringsing

It sounded to me like you were trying to emulate Elvis's sound, which made it sound unnatural. The vibrato sounded a little forced and wobbly. In the opening, when you sang "can't help falling in love with you," is when you sounded most natural. It sounded free and unforced. It did not sound like you were trying to copy Elvis. Maybe we got a true glimpse of your real voice?

If you're used to singing hard rock, this could easily be a good song for you to mix it up. I had to smile when you first started singing because it's such a classic. I'm all in favor of adding a little surprise to your set of songs, especially with this kind of song. Since it's a classic song, and a very sweet song, it can endear you to your audience and convert your listeners (especially female listeners) into fans. :)

Any time you are trying a new sound or style there is a bit of Emulation to get you started. Just remember to relax into the new coordinations. Keep singing this song while you are away from the recorder or any instruments. In a few weeks Record it again using the natural intonations and inflections of your own style and see what happens.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Thanx for listening, The Aspiring Singer. Yes, there is a reference so it is easy to emulate without noticing it. But i think this is close to my natural voice, my speaking voice is low - i think i am a low baritone which i think Elvis also is if not a bass. My own guess is that the vibrato is wobbly due to unsufficient support but i could be wrong. It would be interesting to add a hard rock sound to it - some rasp, maybe i will do it some day :)

If someone is interested to hear, here is my speaking voice:

I agree with MDEW, just relax into it but I think you did a good job. Your speaking voice is pitched just a little lower than mine. But, as we all learn, that may mean nothing. Singing any song is a challenge, regardless of where it is in one's total range.