Felipe Carvalho - A thousand years - Christina Perri cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Wow! I've always liked the content you've put on this site but this specially was cool with all the dynamics in the voice. :) It was powerful and fragile at the same time, fit the song really well!

I have to agree with others, Felipe. I've not said it to you before, I think. But this is a great match for your voice and vice versa. As if you had written this song.

And I do think this is the first time I have said this to you. And I always say what I think, whether I am right or wrong, whether the poster has ever liked what I do, not. The best thing I can do is give my objective opinion as a listener of music and having a fairly good idea what is going to sell and appeal to a large audience. And it is this: if you ever actually decide to record an album for release, put this version on there. You can fill up the rest with grinding heavy metal and that will be fine. Or throw in some ska or melodic punk or whatever floats your boat. But that album must contain this track. (usual business advice applies, of course.)

And I think this is my favorite of all the covers you have done.

I really like your tone and the dynamics here. But this one have some pitch problems throughout the whole song, especially in the lower parts. That kinda ruins it for me, and I think you can do this one better. Very good match for your voice otherwise!

• 1 month later...

Aelpee Oh thank you my friend, for the words and for listening it all :). Brave soul haha ;)

Gnee Thanks man! Oh I can imagine how that is like, I have one of these little ones (1 yo girl) too.

ronws Thanks! haha I will :)

Thanks for listening and your words Marcus. Yes you are dead on about the pitch! Thank you :).