Ed Sheeran - Thinking out loud (acoustic cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

It's really good. Your accent is a bit stronger on this one in a few places, but I like it. I love your timbre. It's got vulnerability but isn't without texture and weight. Come to think of it, i can't think of any other singer with your tone. You always sound like you're feeling it too. 

I think the accent was endearing. You sound so different than the original but you captured the spirit. And that was gold for my ears. I liked it. Keep doing stuff like that. I mean, you might try other genres and stuff, as you see fit, but you also have the right feel and sound for this type of a song.

Wow, thank you guys for this motivating feedback!! I really appreciate it :)

Awesome brah....one of my favourite ed sheeran songs, and u nailed it..i really like those softer parts u included, and the piano. 

Thanks, dude. Yes, the piano is really nice, it is a back track I got on the internet I´ll put the link on the song

It's really good. Your accent is a bit stronger on this one in a few places, but I like it. I love your timbre. It's got vulnerability but isn't without texture and weight. Come to think of it, i can't think of any other singer with your tone. You always sound like you're feeling it too. 

Thank you Killer, my biggest influences are Spanish-speaking singers, maybe that's the reason why you hear something different, I glad you do :)

I think the accent was endearing. You sound so different than the original but you captured the spirit. And that was gold for my ears. I liked it. Keep doing stuff like that. I mean, you might try other genres and stuff, as you see fit, but you also have the right feel and sound for this type of a song.

Thank you Ron, I really glad you like it! yes, I´ll keep on doing stuff like that ;)

BTW, does not it sound strained on the high notes?

Please, review and critique my latest post: Donny Hathaway - A song for you

souncloud: https://soundcloud.com/matias-azar-

Not that I could hear. It might be your imagination or feeling. It is often said that a singer does not hear himself as others hear him. And I am not immune. Doing a note I thought surely must be weak and prepared myself for the eventual highlighting of just that, only to find that others thought it strong. 

Another time, singing so loud that I clipped the mic and others thought it was weak.

Anyway, sounded fine to me.

I don't know if strained is the right word. But it sounds a bit more tensed when you say 'same' mistakes. It's a pretty loud vowel and you're on a G4 there, it sounds pretty held back. if I let that vowel go all the way, it can go pretty crazy in volume. I think there as a G#4 on 'pain' in a recent cover I did, where I didn't hold back volume.

It still sounds good to me, so if you're comfortable with it in your throat I wouldn't worry about. At best as I can describe it, it sounds like you cry a lot harder to hold back the volume.

Which is cool, but if it feels tight or uncomfortable you can keep working on it. Something you could try is experiment with modifying towards other vowels. CVT recommends uh (up), ih (in), and the weird one in 'woman' if you're plaintive/restrained which you are. I like the vowel in 'book, took, cook' too. Anyway if I try to make a pure 'ay' sound plaintive and high, it can feel a bit weird. The vowels don't all work the same. Finding the most comfortable positions that achieve a desired sound can help.

I think it's more about you than any methodology.

I liked this one a lot. Very heartfelt. I agree with others on here that you have your own vocal sound, a very important thing as a singer. You definitely have an accent singing this, but it's not necessairily something bad.

Anyhow - very nice work! Keep it up!

I think it sounds very good overall :)

Now for the critique:

Sometimes you will back off too much on a phrase approaching a high note and that will cause you to grab. "And darling I will be loving you till we're seventeen" You are basically singing unsupported and falsetto-like here and when you need energy for "seventeen" you grab from the throat because you are disconnected from your body to start with. Singing at low volumes but supported at the same time is a very difficult skill...

You are often loosing closure in the higher range like @ 1:20: "Take me into your loving night"

A little tip for 2:16 "it's evergreen" - It's a little chopped up. Don't pause but try to connect "it's" and "evergreen" like it's the same word I think that would help you hit the higher note better. In other words keep it legato, chico!

Sometimes you overly modify your vowels maybe due to your SLS training? Like @ 2:35: "People fall in love" becomes "People fool in love" not the same thing haha

@ 2:50 "same mistakes" - I hear you going into a whiny "nay nay nay" kind of sound. It's not bad it's just that you are losing the natural quality of your voice here... but it does help your closure. Maybe progressions like "nay nay nay" to "no no no" or "nuh nuh nuh" would help you keep the closure and bite but with a more neutral larynx position.

Hope this helps ;)

Besides singing and teaching I also make beats and remixes. Check them out here: https://blend.io/sexybeast

Sometimes you overly modify your vowels maybe due to your SLS training? Like @ 2:35: "People fall in love" becomes "People fool in love" not the same thing haha

I think he copied Ed Sheeran here cuz he says "fool" also :P kinda like "foul"