New Video - Bat Country - Avenged Sevenfold

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey everyone!  I just released my newest collaboration video, this time it's Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold.

All vocals are performed, recorded and mixed by me, including harmonies and backgrounds.

Avenged Sevenfold (A7X) - Bat Country - Full Band Collaboration Cover 
>

I have about 45 more songs on my YouTube channel too, so feel free to check them out and let me know what you think.

Rock on my friends, and keep singin'!

-- Dave

https://www.facebook.com/DavidLyonOfficial

David A. Lyon
Melodic Metal/Rock Vocalist from Seattle, WA, USA!
www.facebook.com/DavidLyonOfficial/
www.youtube.com/zimfar/

• Administrator

Cool David... for sure, I know its going to be great... Former student and homie from Seattle. David, we need to have that coffee... 

Also, two things:

1). Upload a picture to your profile so you have an identity and it helps make the forum look more cool... surely you have a lot of cool shots you could use.

2). If you just embed the YouTube URL into the post, it will automatically embed and magically appear, which makes it more cool and gives you a better presentation... For example:

I just copied and pasted your URL... also, I put some tags on your post... 

Great to see you in here sharing with the community... shoot me a private email and lets catch up over some coffee or beer.

Loved it. A7F rules.

David, you might find it easer to paste in here the youtube link. Just make sure it is the full address and not the "short-cut" link.

Hey, Robert, can you get me a coffee while you are at it? Regular coffee, one packet of sugar or sweetener (I'm not picky) and about a teaspoon of cholesterol-free non-dairy creamer. Unless it's already at the table. Then, just bring it black, I will mix to suit.

:D

• Administrator

David , the singing is great, which is what I expected... but I have to admit, Im more taken by the visuals on this one... which are also really cool. Video editing has become something Im working more with these days... 

Questions:

1). Where do you meet your "band"... collaborators... its clear this is a virtual project. Are you using some kind of special collaboration platform or service for this?  Would be curious to know.

2). What kind of video editing software are you using?

3). Also... duck into the recording forum and share with the community your technology chain... DAW, Interface, pre-amp, microphones, etc... that would be interesting for people I think...

Bro

Actually, Dave had posted an awesome thread before about home recording with not a lot of gear or money. Perhaps he could revive that or update with this venture.

Or a different thread, wherein he can also lists, if he knows, what the other guys were using. I got goosebumps looking at that beautiful and massive drum kit.

This is really good. I prefer your voice over the original singer. Somehow you going whyeee aieee Eyeeeeeee is less annoying with your less nasal voice.

Anyway, you're more technically proficient at this so I got nothing productive, but stick around and keep posting. I'd also be interested in how you record.

I also agree the video is eye catching, with you super imposed above other scenes. Green screen? If anyone is interested in this stuff you can build a home setup to do things like that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_key

My brother and I were experimenting with it for awhile but were struggling with cheap efficient software. I might make a video of me in a crazy place sometime if I can figure out the right software and settings to extra it properly.