Objects In The Rear View Mirror - Meatloaf

• Administrator

Wow, someone had the gonads to cover this?  Very impressive before I even listen to it... 

I noticed that you step up and sing hard ones Musickman7002... nice work brother... are you training your voice? What is your story...?

Your "Meatloaf"...

1)... It does have a "meatloaf" sound color to it... cool. Were you trying  sound like Meatloaf or does your voice kind of sound like him? 

2). Overall, it sounds pretty good... nice work!!!  Here are some picky details...

1:47 - 2:20 : I like the way you choose to articulate this hook line... it shows that you have a sense for the drama and theater of Meatloaf... some songs in rock and metal are more theatery then others... Meatloaf for sure is one of those singers that cross pollinates between Metal and Theater... when you find yourself singing something "theatery" like this... it helps to articulate the consonants more "on point"... or I like to say more "persnickety"... it takes an experienced singer and certain level of sensitivity to the art to realize this and pick up on it... nice work my friend.

3). 3:39 - 3:55 : GREAT! I frankly have no critique for this... it sounds great... Excellent execution of a "pedaling" of an A4 belt... not easy!  You have to have a lot of adductor strength to sustain that and pull it off... and articulate through it. It shows that you have been singing a lot... typically that kind of belt strength is not possible without really doing it a lot... 

GREAT SUBMISSION!

I'm going to feature it!

:41:

• TMV World Legacy Member

Thanks for the kind words Robert. I actually spoke with you on the phone last Friday as I am interested in your course. I was a student of Al Koehn in Tampa, Florida who was also a student of Maestro Kyle so some of what I do is probably based on certain techniques you are teaching as well. I do feel you could help me go further with some of your own innovations and refinements that take voice into the 21st century. I was indeed trying to capture some of the "Meatloaf" quality on this track. When I cover a tune I usually do like to try to channel some of the core of how the song was delivered without hopefully sacrificing my own voice. I do also enjoy Theatrical music so I probably do tend to go there, in fact it is harder for me to sing more monotone type singers or "flatter" types of singers.  I appreciate the thumbs up on the A4 belt as it is indeed NOT easy lol. 

• Administrator

Thanks for the kind words Robert. I actually spoke with you on the phone last Friday as I am interested in your course. I was a student of Al Koehn in Tampa, Florida who was also a student of Maestro Kyle so some of what I do is probably based on certain techniques you are teaching as well. I do feel you could help me go further with some of your own innovations and refinements that take voice into the 21st century. I was indeed trying to capture some of the "Meatloaf" quality on this track. When I cover a tune I usually do like to try to channel some of the core of how the song was delivered without hopefully sacrificing my own voice. I do also enjoy Theatrical music so I probably do tend to go there, in fact it is harder for me to sing more monotone type singers or "flatter" types of singers.  I appreciate the thumbs up on the A4 belt as it is indeed NOT easy lol. 

Ok... I remember our call. Yes, I kind of thought we would be under way by now... I'll look to hear from ya... Let's do it!

Excellent musikman. That was a delight. Not only do you sound like him, but you sing with the same passion. One of the things I have always admired about Meatloaf. It is all in the voice. Not really any pyro or props. Thanks for linking in the video, too. 

Wow, I appreciate you mentioning passion. I really feel it is so important to always sing with passion no matter your range or style of music. When I sing I always want people to believe that I am singing from the first person. As if this was MY story. I believe Robert Lunte added the video so I thank him for that.