Journey - Dont stop believing - ver. beta

• TMV World Legacy Member

Good job! My only suggestion at the moment would be to make your sound slightly less "dopy". You're probably lowering your larynx and raising your soft palate slightly too much. It can often help to do this on the higher notes, so it's great that you're aware of it, but just don't overdo it. That's just my opinion.

You're probably lowering your larynx and raising your soft palate slightly too much.

This was my initial thought, as well.

But your tone is fantastic and you sound very comfortable singing in the higher range.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Her I put faithfully. I took high parts more heady - with higher lyrynx i quess. But experts say whats going on. Im singer only.

http://www.box.net/shared/0mtzszgok8

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach

I liked it, devaitis. The mix sounded a little strong on the treble. But I liked your tone. I would say eq with just a smidge more mid-tone, for recording quality but you did well.

• 6 months later...

What Geno said. Mainly, in order to have a more "american" sound on the phrase "south Detroit." It sounded like Sawth Detroit." The way around that is to start with "saw" and then, at the end of the vowel sound, change to "oh." The combined effect for the listener will be "south Detroit." But this is purely a stylistic thing, relating to accent.

Sounds great, Devaitis, your voice is so dynamic and beautiful. My suggestion for you is to focus on pronounciation of the english language, your pronounciation sounds a little strange sometimes, i don´t know if it is because of a misinterpretation of vowel modification or if it is due to a lack of english knowledge but focus on that and you will soon be ready for a big stage i think.