Hello...feedback needed!!!

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

could you kindly provide me some feedback on my singing...i am covering To be with you by Mr. Big. This video is 1 yr old and this is me singing for the first time in public!

here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX1E4qw7Zks

really look forward for your help!

fahim

• Administrator

Well, the sound production is low quality, so its hard to be too fair and objective... but this song is pretty easy , Yet I think your doing a decent job... your in pitch.. singing and playing guitar at the same time is very hard... Me thinks your doing a good job for the first time singing in public... Keep singing!

Hi Robert, thank you for the feedback. It is great to hear that coming from you. I have recently started taking singing seriously and am working with some lessons. Hopefully I'll get better if i keep at it. Thank you again for the comment about the pitch, right now that is what worries me the most. :)

fahim

18 seconds through 22 are pitch problem spots, in fact through out the song you have many pitch issues...I am not sure you have discovered your right balance...You are holding your breath and have tension in your voice in various points, you are also losing your breath as you crecendo into the chorus 1:19 - 1:24...I hope you can hear what I am talking about, please let me know otherwise or you may have a differnt problem..

Your voice is nice and absolutely you must continue to work it out...Practice more...Find a good vocal coach in your area or seek one out on this site that may be local to you...You need instruction. If you want to take it seriously, then while your still young; put your voice on the right path...2:47 seconds 2:56 seconds when you say "Two" its way off pitch because you have no vocal endurance...You need a good 15 minute warm up before a show.

You need to learn the song better too.. sing it more without playing guitar to get used to it.

Also, when you practice at home, use a product that I invented, called the Vocal Acoustic Monitor....it will help you identify problem spots and pitch isues as they occur...www.vamacoustics.com

Byron

• 9 months later...

good tone. Powerful sound, maybe get a bit closer to the mic and cut your sound a little bit to give yourself some more freedom. You may be singing it a bit too hard so it's hard for you to move around vocally. It sounds to me like you're closing your throat on some of the consonants and when you go higher in pitch.

Sing the song more, and use a mirror to watch the back of your throat and make sure you keep it open! (easier said than done :) heh). Nice job, your guitar playing is awesome, and you have a very pleasant sound.

good tone. Powerful sound, maybe get a bit closer to the mic and cut your sound a little bit to give yourself some more freedom. You may be singing it a bit too hard so it's hard for you to move around vocally. It sounds to me like you're closing your throat on some of the consonants and when you go higher in pitch.

Sing the song more, and use a mirror to watch the back of your throat and make sure you keep it open! (easier said than done :) heh). Nice job, your guitar playing is awesome, and you have a very pleasant sound.

Hi man thanks so much for your kind words. I posted this one and another song again in a more recent thread, so it would be great if you can drop by there too! BUt thanks a lot!!!

Fahim

www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim

Hi Fahim,

I see your shoulders tensing up when you are singing the higher notes. I would recommend you get well versed on the foundations of singing. Breathing properly, relaxing the body and the mind. Think of it like playing your guitar. You didn't get to where you're at playing without doing the basics first and then practice, practice practice...right? You are playing the electric very well. Splitting your brain (singing and playing at the same time) takes lots of practice.

How about picking a song that the band can handle on their own and you just sing it? Get to feel what it's like to be a singer. Don't stop practicing with the guitar but learn one song and just sing. Good project?

I think you have the raw talent....just develop it like you did for the guitar! :D

cheers!

Hi Fahim,

I see your shoulders tensing up when you are singing the higher notes. I would recommend you get well versed on the foundations of singing. Breathing properly, relaxing the body and the mind. Think of it like playing your guitar. You didn't get to where you're at playing without doing the basics first and then practice, practice practice...right? You are playing the electric very well. Splitting your brain (singing and playing at the same time) takes lots of practice.

How about picking a song that the band can handle on their own and you just sing it? Get to feel what it's like to be a singer. Don't stop practicing with the guitar but learn one song and just sing. Good project?

I think you have the raw talent....just develop it like you did for the guitar! :D

cheers!

Dear Michele,

thanks for your analysis and feedback. What you are saying is very true. Since this clip I've actually taken my singing aside and developing that part only, while ofcourse playing the guitar separately (i am an instrumental guitarist, most days of the week :D)

Thanks for the suggestions!

Fahim

www.myspace.com/amfahim

Think the singing is good ;). Evryone say To be with you is easy but not for me lol

Hehehe yeah man, not for me either. The sudden leaps here and there ('Staaand Up' little girl for example) always gets me :D

thanks for listening and feedback, brother.

Ashique M. Fahim

www.myspace.com/amfahim

www.facebook.com/iamfahim