Couple of New Originals

• TMV World Legacy Member

I just had a listen but at the moment all i have at work is the computer speaker. Sounds good. I liked the first one and thought the singing was good. Do you do the backing music yourself or do you have a band?

I liked the second song a little better...with a "but." :D What I liked about it was the beat that I heard. The riff reminded me of punk and I could really hear that song being retooled to play like a punk rock tune. Seriously.

Nice job Chavie

Nah no band...just a very bored man with a hobby :)

I was kinda not giving a $#^& on the 2nd track guess that came through with the punk sound lol

No real amazing vocal technique on either of these

but i thought you guys might like o check em out

www.soundclick.com/chavie

I may have mis wrote my post Chavie...sorry. What I meant when I said what I liked about the second song was the music, I didn't mean I liked the music and not the singing :) I only meant I liked the song as a whole better because to me it had a sound (over all as well as the riff) that I could see being re-worked into a punk sound. I liked the singing on both, I was just commenting on song preference. :) Actually I thought the vocals sounded a little more free on the second song.

I finally had a chance to listen and trust me, it's been a tough couple of days not having the time. But now, we have our Labor Day Weekend and I have 3 days. Today is Saturday 09-01-2012, about 4:45 pm (CDST, Texas.)

"Why?" didn't sound all that grunge to me and grunge is not all about fuzzy guitars. In fact, some of Nirvana's stuff had a clean guitar tone. Then, again, I'm not an expert on the genre and if I were to compare it to a grunge era band, I would say this is reminiscent of Alice in Chains, maybe something along the songwriting lines of "Man in the Box." With the exception that you are a lighter toned singer than was Layne or later singers. However, it does have the spirit of grunge, I suppose. The angst. However, the whole sound was very 70's to me. Especially with the guitar solo. Really good song, by the way and excellent singing. Nothing grunge about your voice.

Atom Bomb - total punk, except for the voice. The chords were very Sex Pistols and I mean all the way back, such as "Anarchy in the U.K." You would have to detune your voice to sound like Johnny Rotten, for example. You have a "bad" habit of singing clean and on pitch. But the song still works.

You already know I'm a big fan of your voice and style. And, as an aside, tasty guitar work, too. If this is what you do when you are bored, stay bored, because it's doing good things.

There's nothing I can "critique" other than I think the songs are mis-cast by their descriptions in the audio file. I don't hear "Why?" as grunge, and "Atom Bomb" is punk, rather than a general rock song.

Then again, I thought of Alice in Chains as a hard rock band, rather than grunge. I think they were unfairly labeled as grunge because that is what was "selling" at the time their first album came out. Here, wear some flannel, relaxed fit jeans, and some Doc Marten boots. Poof! You're grunge.

But I digress. Or should I say, for my enjoyment, "Why?" was not grunge as I identify it?

:lol:

Very good! I like the fact that you had a guitar lead figured out already. A lot of people writing songs have no idea what theme to use for guitar lead. Keep up the good work.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Thanks everyone.

For the song "why" i was doing my version of a nirvana type thing

I honestly don't think "grunge" is a genre either lol the only too bands that sound similar is old nirvana and some mudhoney stuff.

"Soundgarden" was pretty much a blend of Black sabbath meets led zeppelin.

Pearl jam is just standard rock to me.

Alice in chains is pure metal most of the time.

as for atom bomb, i'm not even sure i even like that tune anymore...

The lyrics are embarrassing lol.........

Anyway thanks for listening folks :)

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Both songs were great. Singing was great also.

Instrumentation maybe needs some more variety (more people maybe) for it to be as good as it could be. You maybe need to find a keyboard player or real drummer to inject some variety.

Also the muscles on your arms in your soundclick avatar put me to shame, I am a wimp in comparison.

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

Yeah, Chavie can sing most people into submission. And if that doesn't work, he's got the "guns" to back it up.

:lol:

Good thing Chavie is a sweetheart. "I'm a lover, not a fighter..." in my best french accent, which is nothing to write home to describe.