New Drop Head Music

Rate this topic

Keith

I am writing today. Here is what I have so far. Although I posted the entire song, there are only vocals until after the second bridge. I was going for an alice in chains style thing. What do ya think so far?

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12074002&q=hi&newref=1

Definitely AIC, especially in the vocal melody. There's something about diminished harmonies that does something for my demon heart. Then, again, I can go to Led Zep's "Rain Song" for all the augmented forms I can stand for some balance, later.

I was already a fan of Drop Head with "Drop Dead." This is great. Some might label it "grunge" but it is straight-ahead rock and roll to me. But then, I viewed AIC as rock and roll, not "grunge,' just because of clothing or a label's desire to "market" as something that is fashionable at the time.

So help me, if you fail to tell me when the next Drop Head album drops, I will be a thorn in your side like a red-headed step-child.

Covers are fine, but seriously, Keith, songwriting is your true calling and keep doing that. There's a couple of you covers I would like to see on a Drop Head album but I'm not the producer, just a fan.

I've been writing, again. And not just my newest original "Time (for Brenda.)" I'm getting ideas from a friend and I am about to come up with something new that nunya'll will expect. And my aim is to do like Drop Head and start releasing.

I may not get a world tour but I will get out there. The world is running short of middle-aged guys that sing like it's the 1970's. :lol::lol:

Keeponrockinwhichyabadself.

Here is an updated version that has all but the last verse / chorus - I want to do something different for the last verse, while keeping the same chorus.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12075292&q=hi&newref=1

This is good quality, Keith, i am impressed. And, yes, there are AIC influences, and the guitar sound reminds me alot of a New York band called Helmet if you heard of them. A hybrid of Alice in Chains, Helmet and Geoff Tate on vocals. It could work to say the least. Maybe the song was a minute too long like it is now but i know you are not finished, it gets a little monotonous in the end.

Yeah, I want to delete the last verse and just make a chorus to end it after the guitar solo. The way my band works is my guitarist writes a song, and sends it to me like a karaoke track. Then, I write the lyrics and attempt to put them to the music.

Sounds good man. You can sing. I have two things I wanna comment on. When you hit the high note on the verses, you should go a little bit higher in volume or at least give it some more resonance/power. It sounds a little weak and fragile. I wouldn't do head voice (m2), rather just belt it out with a lot of twang and good support. I'm curious to hear how that would sound.

Some places I think your vibrato is too slow. But most places it sounds good.

I guess this may be a matter of taste but this is, however, my honest opinion.

Yeah, ya know, I was trying to do the whole song in chest - with no mixing or bridging lol. I hear what you mean, though I think I will lower those notes, or make the backup guy sing them. I kinda wrote this in such a way that singing it would give me a vocal break during our set. Almost all the other songs rest between C4 and D5, and singing them tires me out lol

I dig that style Keith.. Well done.. I agree with Thewall with the vibrato aspect.. I think a bit faster or hold the note a little longer, would sound better.. But overall, a stand up job!!!

BTW: www.drop-head.com brings you to a bluehost Parked space, and not your band website..