New Drop Head Music

• TMV World Legacy Member

I am writing today. Here is what I have so far. Although I posted the entire song, there are only vocals until after the second bridge. I was going for an alice in chains style thing. What do ya think so far?

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12074002&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

Definitely AIC, especially in the vocal melody. There's something about diminished harmonies that does something for my demon heart. Then, again, I can go to Led Zep's "Rain Song" for all the augmented forms I can stand for some balance, later.

I was already a fan of Drop Head with "Drop Dead." This is great. Some might label it "grunge" but it is straight-ahead rock and roll to me. But then, I viewed AIC as rock and roll, not "grunge,' just because of clothing or a label's desire to "market" as something that is fashionable at the time.

So help me, if you fail to tell me when the next Drop Head album drops, I will be a thorn in your side like a red-headed step-child.

Covers are fine, but seriously, Keith, songwriting is your true calling and keep doing that. There's a couple of you covers I would like to see on a Drop Head album but I'm not the producer, just a fan.

I've been writing, again. And not just my newest original "Time (for Brenda.)" I'm getting ideas from a friend and I am about to come up with something new that nunya'll will expect. And my aim is to do like Drop Head and start releasing.

I may not get a world tour but I will get out there. The world is running short of middle-aged guys that sing like it's the 1970's. :lol::lol:

Keeponrockinwhichyabadself.

Here is an updated version that has all but the last verse / chorus - I want to do something different for the last verse, while keeping the same chorus.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12075292&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

Sounds pretty good for an in progress song. Can't wait to hear the finished product.

Is this just you on the demo or is the rest of the band playing also?

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

This is good quality, Keith, i am impressed. And, yes, there are AIC influences, and the guitar sound reminds me alot of a New York band called Helmet if you heard of them. A hybrid of Alice in Chains, Helmet and Geoff Tate on vocals. It could work to say the least. Maybe the song was a minute too long like it is now but i know you are not finished, it gets a little monotonous in the end.

Yeah, I want to delete the last verse and just make a chorus to end it after the guitar solo. The way my band works is my guitarist writes a song, and sends it to me like a karaoke track. Then, I write the lyrics and attempt to put them to the music.

www.drop-head.com

Sounds good man. You can sing. I have two things I wanna comment on. When you hit the high note on the verses, you should go a little bit higher in volume or at least give it some more resonance/power. It sounds a little weak and fragile. I wouldn't do head voice (m2), rather just belt it out with a lot of twang and good support. I'm curious to hear how that would sound.

Some places I think your vibrato is too slow. But most places it sounds good.

I guess this may be a matter of taste but this is, however, my honest opinion.

Yeah, ya know, I was trying to do the whole song in chest - with no mixing or bridging lol. I hear what you mean, though I think I will lower those notes, or make the backup guy sing them. I kinda wrote this in such a way that singing it would give me a vocal break during our set. Almost all the other songs rest between C4 and D5, and singing them tires me out lol

www.drop-head.com

I dig that style Keith.. Well done.. I agree with Thewall with the vibrato aspect.. I think a bit faster or hold the note a little longer, would sound better.. But overall, a stand up job!!!

BTW: www.drop-head.com brings you to a bluehost Parked space, and not your band website..

Cheers,

David.