Felipe Carvalho - Faithfully (Study)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Felipe again the technique is fine. It's just a lack of feeling that I think is missing. Sometimes you need to throw away some of what is right and go with what feels right.

Again Felipe you sound great.. But I know you like criticism that's why I tried to find something otherwise awesome!

PLEASE CONTACT DANIEL@YOURVOCALTEACHER.COM WWW.YOURVOCALTEACHER@GMAIL.COM
WWW.YOURVOCALTEACHER.COM
WWW.DANIELFORMICAVOCALSTUDIO.COM
www.soundcloud.com/daniel-formicahttps://www.youtube.com/user/danformica
Disclaimer-Anything I write or try to help people with on here are techniques and things that have worked for ME. They are not necessarily" right" or "wrong" but have worked for ME and my 20+ yrs as a professional working
singer.
Thank you

Justin tnx for your words man!

Jens and Dan, oh I understand but you see, thats why I asked about "mid". If I go by what feels right, it just defines the EE and well, I dont want that...

So I was trying to spread it a bit more and not let it get so "righty", so I figure its still too right, I will add some weird faces to give more feel hehehehe :P.

Rob thank you man! Really appreciate the feedback! :)

Just make sure you do the Neal schon face that's my favorite

PLEASE CONTACT DANIEL@YOURVOCALTEACHER.COM WWW.YOURVOCALTEACHER@GMAIL.COM
WWW.YOURVOCALTEACHER.COM
WWW.DANIELFORMICAVOCALSTUDIO.COM
www.soundcloud.com/daniel-formicahttps://www.youtube.com/user/danformica
Disclaimer-Anything I write or try to help people with on here are techniques and things that have worked for ME. They are not necessarily" right" or "wrong" but have worked for ME and my 20+ yrs as a professional working
singer.
Thank you

I made a comment earlier wich I deleted but I think it still applies.

I feel bad for you guys who have to have everything perfect. Nothing is ever perfect. There is always something that can be tweeked.

It would drive me crazy( more so than I already am) if I noticed all of the off key notes or uneffective aspects of a song.

I listened to this song several times to see if I could hear the things other people commented on. The only thing I noticed was what I mentioned earlier. Low volume of voice compared to the music in the last part. And that is still subjective.

But I am an old Hillbilly :) I can listen to Bob Dylan and John Prine and say to myself "Man those guys can sing"

and enjoy every off note pitch and sloppy harmonica lead and just lean back, close my eyes and enjoy.

Fantastic job Felipe. I guess thats small praise comming from a guy like me. But I thoroughly enjoyed that.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Daniel hehehe :)

Justin actually the only part of your comment that matters to me is that you found it pleasant :). Its not nasal, and mdew comment fits what you said like a glove.

Thanks for letting me know that you like it, but other than that, before diving into technical comments of the sort, specially if you ever hear this kind of approach again, learn it first, someone may listen and it may bring damage.

mdew ;)

When I post clips I don't want people simply saying, "wow, that's awesome," or, "Sounds great to me!" I want people to be completely honest with me.

I would never do that to you. I would say to you, "Good Job," aka, the kiss of death.

:lol:

All I cared about was the pitch and the intended volume for whatever part of the song. Which he had. He is never going to sound like Steve Perry and I don't hope for him to do so. We've already got a Steve Perry.

And we've only got one Felipe. Thank goodness, I mean, oh darn, I said that out loud ...... :lol:

So, we all have different aesthetic filters, things we are sensitive, other things, not so much.

Let me give Felipe another compliment since, if I am in for a penny, I am in for a pound. I like that he sang this like a pop singer, rather than an opera singer. Nothing wrong with the latter and it has artistic value. This was more "common," as the song deserves to be sung, I think. Now, if he tried to sing it like Jussi Boerling, that would still have been cool for its own artistic merit and I would applaud it but this was a more salable version, as far as I can tell, in the world of pop music.

Am I saying that Felipe sang under his abililty? No. Perspective matters so much.

And it's making my head spin. As a fan of the song and a fan of good singing that I happened to like, good job.

Then, again, I am not an expert, not a voice teacher, nothing. Just a guy who likes to sing and likes to hear others singing.

The spirit in which my comment was intended was lost. For that I apologise.

I also post songs for critique. I cannot and do not expect a "wow that was great". I also expect honesty good or bad. When my song is found displeasing to the ears I also want to be told why so I can improove.

Yes I did check out Chity's Queen Cover. That is another one that I did not comment on because all I could say was "WOW that rocked" but that would have been overkill because almost all other comments were the same.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."