Please give feedback!!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello all,

I'd like to get some feedback from other singers and song stylists on having more feeling and expression when I sing. My natural style is pretty "dead-face" but I do try to convey genuine feeling through my voice.

Feel free to comment directly on YouTube video.

Thanks.

Around here...there's no such thing as too deep! http://www.youtube.com/user/thepoetician

That was awesome, Basso. Reminds me of my step-grandfather and when he would practice his part in "The Fiddler on the Roof."

The lowest I have sung, right up on the mic and using post-recording compressor, was a G2 and that was estimated by someone else. And mine was really soft in tone and very low in volume. I was scraping my basement.

But you could rattle the earth below the basement. Wonderful. I would like to hear more of you. Beautiful voice.

Awesome. Feelings, Emotion and intent are not only passed by the sound but also through physical expression.

If you think on the emotion that you are trying to convey with the song the emotion will come through. In other words really feel the emotion of the song.

If you are thinking about hitting the notes or what you are going to have for dinner then the emotion recieved from the song will be flawed. As Ronws keeps saying "Singing is mental" It is also emotional.

I most add your voice to the many others that I envy. We can not all be tenors or basses. It is truely a treat to hear someone sing in that range.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

That was also great, Eric. I think it would be cool to hear you do the parts of Caiaphas in "Jesus Christ, Superstar."

Like,

"We turn to Rome to sentence Nazareth. We have no law to put a man to death..."

I don't know if you know that material or consider it sacreligious. I don't. And I went to churches growing up. I find that movie to be quite inspirational, as does the actor Ted Neely, who still plays the title role in theater productions, in his 60's.

like this.

That was also grate, Eric. I think it would be cool to hear you do the parts of Caiaphas in "Jesus Christ, Superstar."

Like,

"We turn to Rome to sentence Nazareth. We have no law to put a man to death..."

I don't know if you know that material or consider it sacreligious. I don't. And I went to churches growing up. I find that movie to be quite inspirational, as does the actor Ted Neely, who still plays the title role in theater productions, in his 60's.

like this.

Did you notice that in this clip the bass singer seems to be more of a baritone or low tenor using vocal fry to sing the parts?

Some one like Basso Profundo singing this would add a whole new dimension to it.

Yes, M, that is what I was thinking. As Steven as pointed out, the original theatrical role for Caiaphas is a basso. Not just a baritone reaching for it, but a legit basso.

It would be incredible, I think.

I can't do it. I am a tenor and am much more comfortable singing the title role, or Judas, and, if I am feeling light, even that of Mary of Magdalene.

I faked it pretty well doing the Cash version of "Hurt." But Eric has some serious basso resonance going on.

Like Felipe keeps trying to point out, It is not the notes in your range that make you a Tenor or Baritone or Bass it is the Quality of sound, the texture and the resonance.

Basso Profundo is a true Bass. He has the quality, the texture and the resonance.

And it sounds like you are embracing that Basso. Keep up the good work.

Like Felipe keeps trying to point out, It is not the notes in your range that make you a Tenor or Baritone or Bass it is the Quality of sound, the texture and the resonance.

Basso Profundo is a true Bass. He has the quality, the texture and the resonance.

And it sounds like you are embracing that Basso. Keep up the good work.

I totally agree. The role defines the fach and I think some voices fit the role better, for the desired effect. Which is why, as Felipe would say, fach really only matters in opera.

And I consider this rock opera, but opera nevertheless.

Did you notice that in this clip the bass singer seems to be more of a baritone or low tenor using vocal fry to sing the parts?

Some one like Basso Profundo singing this would add a whole new dimension to it.

Hmmm...I know of the opera but I've never sang anything from it. At the time it came out, I remember it being very controversial. I don't know it enough to know if it's sacrilegious or not but that was a cool clip and I could definitely give that part or that song at least...some new life. Who knows, I may get a call someday from a producer asking me to try for the part. lol!! We'll see.

Around here...there's no such thing as too deep! http://www.youtube.com/user/thepoetician