Dio Cover Thread

• TMV World Legacy Member

Chavie, that was really great. You can produce the same beautiful clean tone as RJD. I think my only criticism would be some odd timing in the "they say that life's a carousel" part. It's as if you were starting each line 1/8 note to late:) Nevertheless, you rule!

Chavie, that was really great. You can produce the same beautiful clean tone as RJD. I think my only criticism would be some odd timing in the "they say that life's a carousel" part. It's as if you were starting each line 1/8 note to late:) Nevertheless, you rule!

Yea i def want to do that section again, and a couple others.

only had time for a few takes......not often i have a clear house lol

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Dio was a great singer, though I don't like to much the songs he was a really great singer, I'm just listening the covers, very good...

[url=http://marcusilva.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] ɸ [url=http://www.jamendo.com/br/artist/Marcus_Rasseli]Jamendo[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

My contribution.. This is not well known as a "DIO" song but he did record it.

I cannot see myself singing most of his songs but I wanted to contribute.

I was just playing around the other day. So here it is.

https://soundcloud.com/user898702554/love-potion-9

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

My contribution.. This is not well known as a "DIO" song but he did record it.

I cannot see myself singing most of his songs but I wanted to contribute.

I was just playing around the other day. So here it is.

https://soundcloud.com/user898702554/love-potion-9

So, then, stay away from cops. :lol:

Actually, you sound closer to the original than Dio did. I think I would be happy if I could write songs like this. I usually write sappy love ballads. I need to release my inner comic.

But cool beans, I am glad you found one you could share in our admiration of RJD.

• Administrator

Ron,

"...Stay away from cops" ?

HEY ???? What's up with that ? :rolleyes:

I STILL have the reputation of the "coolest cop EVER" in the jurisdiction where I worked !!! HA HA :lol::cool:

I'm sure you left me out of that comment, my Friend :cool:

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

Adolph, Listen to the song. Then you would realize that if you saw me approaching you in that condition, you would want me to stay away from you also. Or maybe not. :P:lol: :|

• Administrator

Adolph, Listen to the song. Then you would realize that if you saw me approaching you in that condition, you would want me to stay away from you also. Or maybe not. :P:lol: :|

HA HA.... Now I get it....

I like you, M, but yeah, I think that if you tried to kiss me, wellllllll !!! :mad:

Reminds me somewhat of an incident when I was in law enforcement. I was called out on a motor vehicle accident and this woman just crashed into a ton of cars in a parking lot. She was Totally TRASHED ! So, needless to say, she was arrested for DWI. Being a "local" who obviously wasn't going anywhere, I was trying to find her a ride home which was cool since bail really wasn't necessary. BUT, she had vomited all over herself prior to my arrival at the scene. But here's where it became a bit more complicated >>> She tried to lean over my desk to kiss me at which point I told her > "Look, I'm trying to get you a ride home without you having to post bail tonight, but if you even ATTEMPT to try THAT again, you ARE going to jail !!!" OK, I admit it..... Ron still beats me in the humor department :D

I also have to say that I was confused when I seen "Al Jazeera" superimposed over your username !

What the heck is up with Soundcloud ??? Did anyone else notice that ???

Adolph C. Namlik
Western N.Y.

716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

I just see user 898702554. I do not see Al J******* I don't even want to write that. I had trouble with soundcloud last year and tried to delete my file so I could sign up again and leave new posts. Maybe they are trying to get me in trouble. I am just a hillbilly in the states. If anyone else sees that please let me know. I will find a new file sharing program.

Yes, Adolph, perhaps you misunderstood when I said "stay away from cops." I should elaborate by saying stay away from cops when a substance puts you in a frame of mind to kiss one. I was also going to add that it would depend on gender. But your story about the DWI kind of negates that.

And really, just a laugh for a funny point in the song, nothing against law enforcement, whatsoever. One of the funniest jokes I got from a police officer in our town.

An officer arrives on the scene of a motorcycle accident and fatality. Parts of the bike are all over the highway. He can tell it's a fatality because the victim was decapitated in the accident. The body is in the ditch on the right. So, he starts his report there. After some difficulty, he manages to spell the word, ditch. The severed head, however, is in the median. But after a few tries of spelling "median" and not having any luck, he kicks the head over to the ditch and writes that it, too, was found in the ditch.

:D

• Administrator

I just see user 898702554. I do not see Al J******* I don't even want to write that. I had trouble with soundcloud last year and tried to delete my file so I could sign up again and leave new posts. Maybe they are trying to get me in trouble. I am just a hillbilly in the states. If anyone else sees that please let me know. I will find a new file sharing program.

Oh no, M, I'm sure you didn't post that on your Soundcloud account..... In fact, I went back in there twice, and over your user number ( 898702554), there were other advertisements.... Looks like Soundcloud is now in the advertisement business ? :rolleyes:

I think they are going to be doing that to everyone now, so honestly, you may want to rethink creating a new account. No sense wasting your time !

Warmest Regards my Friend,

Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Western N.Y.

716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

• Administrator

Yes, Adolph, perhaps you misunderstood when I said "stay away from cops." I should elaborate by saying stay away from cops when a substance puts you in a frame of mind to kiss one. I was also going to add that it would depend on gender. But your story about the DWI kind of negates that.

And really, just a laugh for a funny point in the song, nothing against law enforcement, whatsoever. One of the funniest jokes I got from a police officer in our town.

An officer arrives on the scene of a motorcycle accident and fatality. Parts of the bike are all over the highway. He can tell it's a fatality because the victim was decapitated in the accident. The body is in the ditch on the right. So, he starts his report there. After some difficulty, he manages to spell the word, ditch. The severed head, however, is in the median. But after a few tries of spelling "median" and not having any luck, he kicks the head over to the ditch and writes that it, too, was found in the ditch.

:D

Ron,

Yes, it was a misunderstanding on my part.... I honestly wouldn't have the time to look at each song. Mostly, I check out the videos as you know. And I'm positive you wouldn't slam cops, except those that deserve it. And yes, I know some great cops, but there are many that are corrupt and total asses, as well....

Bottom line is that I was joking around with you :lol:

My Friend, I could tell you some stories that I have encountered over the years that would make you laugh so hard, you'd have tears in your eyes ! :D:lol::D

Then again, there were many incidents that were very, very sad !

As an investigator prior to my promotion to "Chief" I've pretty much seen it ALL !!!

Adolph C. Namlik
Western N.Y.

716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

Most people look at cops as a nuisance, especially when they are giving you a speeding ticket. And most people lack the basic understanding that the road you are driving on has a speed limit for a reason. Based on the quality of construction and finish, that is the maximum safe speed for that kind of road. You want to do 100 mph? You need to be on a racetrack with a surface engineered for just that kind of speed in a car with tires and traction set-up designed for that speed and that surface.

So, the cop giving you the ticket is doing it for your safety and that of others. And all these people (my personal term is not one I can repeat here) that pull their "nascar" stunts, well, they are just stupid enough to not realize that the people they pull those kind of moves around are NOT NASCAR-trained drivers. As my mom would say, "I would like to shake them until they spit, and then shake them for spitting."

When I was turning 21, I was eligible to apply to the Richardson (Texas) Police Department. I had no problems passing the physical agility test and had no doubt that I could pass the background check and personality exam (5 active officers interview you to find out why you want a badge and a gun.) I realized, I could actually succeed in this and really had to do some soul searching. The pay was good but that was not the deciding factor. Did I want to subject myself to the possibility every day, that I might not make it home. And the answer was no. You have to love the job to get it, regardless of pay, which was better than surrounding departments. One of my high school mates, however, did go that route and later, progressed to detective and then later, changed to work for the Plano PD. I think he is still there, an homicide investigator with 20 something years of experience, not including his patrolman work from before.

And it's funny that I backed away from being a police officer because of the danger. Yet I was willing to serve in the military, as a sniper if they would have me, but I was a 4-F, medical disqualification (asthma past the age of 12 and still under medication when I was 18, the prime enlistment age.) But I stayed registered with Selective Service until the required age of 26. Later, during 9-11, I could not enlist because I was too old by a few years. A few years later, they raised the enlistment age but I was still too old.

But I didn't need much to take out Osama bin Laden. Give me an M-24, though I would prefer the .308 the Marines used in the early 70's, get me within 600 yards of the Osama's cave, and I will take care of the rest.

But, alas, all I can do as a broken-down middle-aged singer of 70's rock is support those in uniform, domestic and abroad. And I try not to kiss cops, invited, or not.

:lol: :lol:

We should take our act on the road, ala Rodney Carrinton. Once sets up the straight line, and the other delivers the punch line.

Hey, it could work in Vegas.

And yes, this thread has drifted. Who cares?

• Administrator

Most people look at cops as a nuisance, especially when they are giving you a speeding ticket. And most people lack the basic understanding that the road you are driving on has a speed limit for a reason. Based on the quality of construction and finish, that is the maximum safe speed for that kind of road. You want to do 100 mph? You need to be on a racetrack with a surface engineered for just that kind of speed in a car with tires and traction set-up designed for that speed and that surface.

So, the cop giving you the ticket is doing it for your safety and that of others. And all these people (my personal term is not one I can repeat here) that pull their "nascar" stunts, well, they are just stupid enough to not realize that the people they pull those kind of moves around are NOT NASCAR-trained drivers. As my mom would say, "I would like to shake them until they spit, and then shake them for spitting."

When I was turning 21, I was eligible to apply to the Richardson (Texas) Police Department. I had no problems passing the physical agility test and had no doubt that I could pass the background check and personality exam (5 active officers interview you to find out why you want a badge and a gun.) I realized, I could actually succeed in this and really had to do some soul searching. The pay was good but that was not the deciding factor. Did I want to subject myself to the possibility every day, that I might not make it home. And the answer was no. You have to love the job to get it, regardless of pay, which was better than surrounding departments. One of my high school mates, however, did go that route and later, progressed to detective and then later, changed to work for the Plano PD. I think he is still there, an homicide investigator with 20 something years of experience, not including his patrolman work from before.

And it's funny that I backed away from being a police officer because of the danger. Yet I was willing to serve in the military, as a sniper if they would have me, but I was a 4-F, medical disqualification (asthma past the age of 12 and still under medication when I was 18, the prime enlistment age.) But I stayed registered with Selective Service until the required age of 26. Later, during 9-11, I could not enlist because I was too old by a few years. A few years later, they raised the enlistment age but I was still too old.

But I didn't need much to take out Osama bin Laden. Give me an M-24, though I would prefer the .308 the Marines used in the early 70's, get me within 600 yards of the Osama's cave, and I will take care of the rest.

But, alas, all I can do as a broken-down middle-aged singer of 70's rock is support those in uniform, domestic and abroad. And I try not to kiss cops, invited, or not.

:lol: :lol:

Ron,

Like you, I prefer the .308. Not sure about the one you mentioned, but I have one that is currently used by the armed forces and police SWAT teams. DEADLY !!! Hardly any recoil to speak of, and I can consistently "knock off" quarter sized targets at LONG RANGES ! No, I'm not going to comment further on my proficiency with weapons, except to say that I'm qualified as "Marksman, Sharpshooter, and Expert" in both pistol and rifle.

If it would have came down to a situation where it was warranted in my previous line of work, I would have been the one in my department to be the sniper ! If you'd like to see the weapon, you can find it on my Facebook page in my grandson's hands. Check out the video as well...

And like you, I support those in uniform, BOTH those in the military and the police....

Oh, like I mentioned to "M", no kisses please :mad: We're friends, BUT, I prefer the fairer sex :D:cool:

"M",

Sorry to derail your thread ! But Ron struck something dear to me, and the more I see what's going on lately, I couldn't resist commenting.... Bottom line, I'm a firm believer in the Second Amendment as written by our Founding Fathers ! Enough said.... I'm about to venture in a political rant and this is not the place ~~ Back to VOCALS/MUSIC !!! :cool:

Edited to add : "Wondering why I never get any more rep points? " Hmmmm..... :|

Adolph C. Namlik
Western N.Y.

716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

The reason the Marines used the .308 is because it is light and you can carry it on your back for a mile or so from the drop point to your hide. Then you set up, take the shot. Now that you have taken the shot, you need to evacuate from the hide and now you are running to the EP (extraction point) which might be a mile or two away. See, you need to get the shot the first time. First shot, no one can really pinpoint where you are. Second shot, they get a better bead on you. So, now, you've got to run, still in your guilly suit, with this gun on your back and still carrying some of your back-up ammo (7.62 mm) and your side-arm (pistol, for close quarters.)

I mentioned the M-24 because that is what the Army is currently giving to Army snipers in training, though some will go out and buy their own Remington 700 series, usually .308 caliber.

The reason is because a .308 slug, at 600 yards, will knock a 200 lb target to the round.

I can't remember the manufacturer but there is a model called Warlock that comes in a .308 and I read a review. 0 - 300 yards, no dial-in. Just use the sights in standard setting. 300 to 600 yards. Dial in one click. 600 - 1000 yards, you need to sight that in with a "glass". But, pretty much, any shot past 1,000 yards, it is considered better to use a bigger caliber because it can take a bigger charge. At a mile, most shooters are using a .50 cal or something close to it.

The longest recorded shot in combat was in Afghanistan back during our (US) heavy involvement there. 1.5 miles. And it is has not been repeated.

As opposed to my friend, John, the deer hunter, who uses a .50 cal black powder muzzle loader with his own home-made balls.Always a kill shot because a .50 lead ball will break through any bone. A lot of guys hunt with a .223 which can sometimes glance off of the shoulder blade of a deer.

And yes, we are really drifting. And I, too, believe in the 2nd amendment, wholeheartedly and believe in no restrictions on the type of gun to be purchased.

It's so funny, to me, that people went nuts over the AR-15 style gun. It is a .223 long gun, a smaller bullet than your standard Glock 9, certainly smaller than the Glock 10 some officers around here carry.

And thanks, M, for appreciating my humor. I think the thread has mostly died except for us goold ole boys (regardless of what part of the country we live in) trading war stories.

• 1 month later...