3DoorsDown - Here Without You Cover, Help About Nasal

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys, i try change my singing approach recently and i try to cover this song just to check with you guys if this approach is okay or i make it worst again. Before this i changed my singing approach, then turned out to be worst where i sing with more nasal sound. So I hope you guys will check this out. Ignore the tempo or pronunciation mistakes because i rush while making this cover because its 4am here right now. I wanna check if i sing nasal in this cover, and is it okay with this kind of approach. Thanks :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndnQWAT7UuQ

:) nice voice...

just an opinion and i might be wrong :

some part...pitchy, lack of emotion..

good recording and mixing on this cover especially your vocal...very clear...

good job bro :D

answer mine pls

http://themodernvocalist.punbb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?id=8402

I think you have that nasal problem under control. Do not concentrate on it too much. Next time sing just for singing without thinking about technique or how you are going to approach the song.

Let's see how you do without trying to control the nasality. :)

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

:) nice voice...

just an opinion and i might be wrong :

some part...pitchy, lack of emotion..

good recording and mixing on this cover especially your vocal...very clear...

good job bro :D

answer mine pls

http://themodernvocalist.punbb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?id=8402

Thanks bro for the feedback and advice. And i already check out your awie cover. Its suprising you cover a malay song here, im sure you will get more feedback from people here if you sing english songs but still i really like your cover. It takes me few plays before i really sure its not Awie's voice :P

I think you have that nasal problem under control. Do not concentrate on it too much. Next time sing just for singing without thinking about technique or how you are going to approach the song.

Let's see how you do without trying to control the nasality. :)

Haha i guess you're right, recently i might thinking too much about my nasal problems and worry with my singing approach. Next time i'll try just close my eyes and sing with free mind :P Anyway thanks a lot MDEW for the feedback :D

Well, you already pointed out pronunciation problems, and your primary question was does the approach you used work in this song and I would say, yes, it does. Everyone has some nasalence and should. The difference between overt nasality and useful nasality is how much escapes through the nostrils. I think you got it right in this song and that this was also a good match of song and voice. I know the original singer has lower tones in his voice than you do but, nevertheless, this song works well with your voice.

So, you could clean up the timing, etc, and make this one really work. Not bad at all for a scratch track.

This is the best I've heard you sing so far! Well done :)

I'd say your approach is pretty good. You are a little nasal most of the time and very nasal in some spots but it's not bad. Also I think this song and style is a good fit for your voice!

As for the nasality you can try to plug your nose while singing. Also singing the melody on a lip roll, a "goo" or a "boo" (like in the word "boot") might help. Then try to keep the same feeling with the words.

Nick

Thanks Felipe, Ronws and Nick for the feedbacks. So its mean sometimes its okay to sing a lil bit nasal for different style of music? And thanks Nick for the tips, i'll work on that. I guess i'll make another cover for this song someday and try to fix and reduce my nasal sounds. Thanks a lot guys for the feedbacks, i really appreciate it a lot. :)

Oh okay thanks felipe, and i actually really want to sing without too much nasal. I tried many different approach so that i wont sounds nasal.

Anyway i just recorded another cover for this song lol, im not sure but i think i already get the feeling of not singing nasal. Can you guys listen to it if im doing it right? Its better or i made it worst? Thanks! :)

https://soundcloud.com/rh4n/here-without-you-test