Come Together

• 7 months later...
  • TMV World Legacy Member

Excellent pitch and tonal quality to you voice! Beautiful voice.  My one item of criticism would me at times it seemed like you were maybe tired and thus lacking some rock edge that would otherwise been there.  Still was very cool. Huge Beatles fan here.

I liked your voice a lot!  Very good sense of pitch and I like your tone.

As the others said, your voice lacks the power of the original interpretation, and this by itself is not bad, it's just a choice, but personally I like this song that way.

Now in the technical side, you tend to hammer the ending of phrases too much. Most of the phrases that end in a vowel you hammer them down ( siren downwards in pitch, men tend to do it more often than women I think ) and you distort the vowel to an EH.  Like "Meeee-eh".  
It CAN be used as a stylistic resource, but you do it so much and so often that it can become annoying to the listener.

Beautiful Voice as always. :)   If you wanted to change this song into a sexy Ballad then you have accomplished that.B)  If you meant to ROCK OUT on it, then you need to add a little attitude and get rid of the breathiness. Yell a little and maybe even practice being mean.(I would hate to see that)

I myself, like the breathy sexy thing. ;)

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Great cover! I liked your tone, but I have to agree with some of the guys. If you want to sound soul/RnB you need a different backing track, and if you want to sound rock, you need to add more edge and atitude. Very nice singing though!

I liked it very much.This tune doesn't rock that much IMO, it has more of a psychedelic "high on drugs" feel to it so i think your laid back voice suited this song well. 

I liked it very much.This tune doesn't rock that much IMO, it has more of a psychedelic "high on drugs" feel to it so i think your laid back voice suited this song well. 

I feel the same way. I'm a big Beatles fan, but this is not a very heavy song in the original instrumentation. It has a dreamy and soft production. There is very little heavy percussion, the beat is relaxed, it's slowed paced with no rushing the beat, and spacey.

I prefer she did it her own way rather than imitate the the original. Even so, The Beatles have been known to do multiple versions of the same song themselves: This is Beatles playing a laid back groove:

This is Beatles pushing the tempo, gripping into the tune, and rocking hardcore on the same song (listen to their version of I've got a Feeling, they turn it up to 11):

Come Together is definitely more like studio version (former.)

Anyway, back on topic, Sophia has very good pitch, phrasing, and her timbre has mainstream appeal yet is is not generic. She's young and is perfectly poised to go places.