Your Darkest Hour (Evergrey Cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Recorded this one together with my good friend as a long distance recording project. I did the drums and keyboards (programmed) in my home studio in Finland, and he laid down the guitars and bass in Sweden. I recorded the singing yesterday and did the mixing and producing here.

All cred to Kristoffer for the guitar solo (original song have a female vocalist singing that part).

Some feedback is welcome!

Feels nice to sing some heavy stuff! :D

Hi Marcus, you have a great voice! i´m not big fan of this kind of music but I liked the song! also I saw you in youtube singing umbrella, great presence on stage! congratulations

Please, review and critique my latest post: Donny Hathaway - A song for you

souncloud: https://soundcloud.com/matias-azar-

Excellent work, Marcus, and of your friend, too. Totally captured the mood. The boss is home, today, getting a new water heater. And just in time. Here in the Dallas area, it is 44 F with a stiff wind out of the north and clouds. For us delicate hot house flowers, this is cold. But it will get colder. We have been getting more snow and ice the last few winters, so, Texas didn't get the memo on global warming, I guess.

Anyway, so, I have decent desktop speakers at my desk and I can turn them up and wander around the office doing stuff, as I normally would. And that is the litmus test of someone sharing a recording. If it sounds like something that would come out of my boss's ipod station, then it is good, like this is.

So, we're rocking it finnish-style, here.

Keep on doing what you are doing.

Wow what nice feedback! Thanks a million guys!

bono1982 thanks for the feedback on Umbrella as well! Nice you took the time to check out some live stuff :D

Thanks Jens, you're the one who thaught me distortion mate!

ronws thanks for rocking out man, always appreciate your feedback. We've already had some snow and ice here, but then we had a few warmer days so all snow melted. They expect a cold winter here though (as always...)

Gneetapp thanks a lot, and I'll be sure to tell my friend too :) This song was my favourite track off that album (Recreation Day) and had a major impact on my music taste and writing way back when (2003 I think)

You had me at "Evergrey cover". I am so high on this band at the moment, it's not even funny. If you don't have it already, I implore you to get their new album. It is an absolute masterpiece from start to finish.

Anyway, really good job on this. It would be great to hear you tackle some of their other songs, as well.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Validar thank you! It's a maybe on making more Evergrey covers, we are planning a bunch of songs from different rock and metal bands. Want to have some diversity on the covers right now, but it sure was fun to sing Evergrey.

Last album I got with Evergrey was Glorious Collision I think, I still think Recreation Day was the peak of their career. Glorious Collision was a step back towards the sound I like with them though.

Yep, Glorious Collision was the last one before the new one, which came out a little over a month ago. Henrik and Jonas came back to the band for their new one, "Hymns for the Broken".

How far are you from their hometown of Gothenberg?

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Alright, have to check out the new album then! Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm from the north of Sweden, Gothenburg is in the southwest. But I live in a Finland now. I have a bunch of friends living in Gothenburg tough.

This sounds fantastic Marcus, very professional all the way through! I Love it. By the way, the new Evergrey record is great, i can highly recommend it. Fortsätt rocka loss!

Olem - tusen tack! :D

I listened to some of the new Evergrey songs off youtube. I think I have to get the album! Thanks for the recommendation. Seems they are going more and more back towards what originally caught my interest with the band.

• 2 weeks later...

1st time I have ever heard an Evergrey cover. I've been a fan since 'A Touch of Blessing". As a matter of fact, musically speaking, it was my inspiration for the music in my title track of my album, 'Book of Shadows". Also, I believe Evergrey are from Sweden. This almost makes me want to break my own rule and comment on it..

Official Press Release - 'Book of Shadows' CD for sale now!
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/slstone
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/book-of-shadows/id611487291
http://www.slstonemusic.com
Need music with which to sing along? 50% off All Services November Sale. Sign up now! http://stonecraftmusicstudio.com