Rainbow In The Dark (acoustic)

• TMV World Legacy Member

I liked it Marcus, good job man! I liked the way you kept a light approach. As I'm used to practice my songs acoustically first, and then play with my band, I think that if you play this song with electric guitars and bass, and drums, you might need to put some more weight. Cheers 

• Administrator

Nice Marcus ... When you go live with the band you're going to need to belt more, but it's pretty good.

Watch your tempo. I'm being a bit of a picniker here, but your tempo accelerated as it progressed. Try it again with a metronome ... 

I like your dynamics on this one. One of the things that keeps me from listening to much Dio is he often seems to use the same inflection throughout much of his songs. You take the song into more diverse areas which would hold my interest longer, if say you had an an entire album of material, it'd be more listenable for me.

I do agree with Rob that the tempo was a bit rocky. Speeding up in a song can work, but maybe a bit more gradually.

Thank you all for comments and support! 

Rob & KillerKu - I agree about the tempo. I just get too excited when singing this and start speeding it up. I should probably start practicing with a metronome. 

Gneetapp - thanks man! For this coming gig we'll stick to acoustics. 2 guitars, Cajon and tambourine. Other guitarist will sing some backing vocals on some songs (but probably not this one). I'll think about adding more weight, but don't want to get all too heavy when having a lot more songs in the set :) I'm getting better and better control over distortion, but I'm still not 100% with it (but starting to be very near full control now), so I'm trying to keep this a bit lighter so as to not over sing.