Silent Lucidity - Queensryche

• TMV World Legacy Member

Well done. This song is not easy. Such a wide range. And I really liked how you changed the timing and phrasing to suit yourself. And I could imagine you singing it to your son. Just as Geoff wrote this after his son was born. Becoming a father makes the whole world change. I say that, even though I have never had children.

Sounds good. :)  I could not have done better myself......That is a true statement........I tried this and failed.....:blink:

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Great Job Aravind! I liked your timbre throughout the song and how you managed to pass a sense of fragility. However, for my taste, I would've liked even more if you sounded a bit heavier in the first part, when you sang really low. When you get to the medium/high pitches you were perfect! Congrats man, you are doing well! Keep rocking!

I'm really digging this. Your voice sounds great. Retains your personality but has a warmth. It has strength and affection. You made it your own and I honestly don't have critique. I could point out things that are different from the original, but to me that's good.

I will say if you lean from this position into a belt on your heavier songs, I think that might help you retain some warmth in the timbre and prevent some of the nasality from overwhelming the tone the next time you try one of the beltier songs.

This is just good progress and a great song to choose at this point.

Well done. This song is not easy. Such a wide range. And I really liked how you changed the timing and phrasing to suit yourself. And I could imagine you singing it to your son. Just as Geoff wrote this after his son was born. Becoming a father makes the whole world change. I say that, even though I have never had children.

​Hi Ron.  The lower range used to be a big challenge. I just could not get any volume.  This song is actually half a step too low for me still(especially when I sing "just begun" in the intro.  But yes, this is a special song and my kids have made my world a better place for me :)

I like it!, in some first moments your voice looks like David Bowie to me.

To improve your singing in this song i´d like to be more intense (or more chest voice) in some parts.

The first verses of the song are awesome to me, great feeling

Interesting you should say that Denis.  David Bowie has a really rich baritonal quality on his low notes.  Me, I don't have the easy power and majesty of David or Geoff.  One of the reasons why I chose to sing this song.  It is a good barometer for validating any progress.. I would sing this half a step higher and it might be more comfortable for me.  Thanks for your kind words.. 

Great Job Aravind! I liked your timbre throughout the song and how you managed to pass a sense of fragility. However, for my taste, I would've liked even more if you sounded a bit heavier in the first part, when you sang really low. When you get to the medium/high pitches you were perfect! Congrats man, you are doing well! Keep rocking!

It is going to take some time before I can add weight on my lower notes.  They are not my strongest part of my voice and yes, I am a lot more comfortable singing the medium/high range for this song.  It is just a fantastic song to sing.  ​

I'm really digging this. Your voice sounds great. Retains your personality but has a warmth. It has strength and affection. You made it your own and I honestly don't have critique. I could point out things that are different from the original, but to me that's good.

I will say if you lean from this position into a belt on your heavier songs, I think that might help you retain some warmth in the timbre and prevent some of the nasality from overwhelming the tone the next time you try one of the beltier songs.

This is just good progress and a great song to choose at this point.

​Thanks Killer.  As always I really appreciate the time and effort you put into giving detailed feedback.  Always gives me something to think about.  About leaning into a beltier position, I think my technique is not too off, but I need to do a mental adjustment and work on the songs harder.  A fully belty song is not that tough, but for e.g. like my last queen cover, it is only when the song changes rapidly between soft and beltier dynamics, I get into all kinds of problems.  I think I have sufficient confidence now to try something more belty next time around.  

This sounded awesome!

The low end could have used a little more volume but that's about it.

I want to hear you cover Take Hold Of The Flame or Sister Suite Mary next!