Rainbow - Stargazer

• Review My Singing Membership

Hello

Rainbow is one of my favourite rock bands of all time. I like mostly the old Rainbow with Dio on vocals. I tried a very hard song to cover. I still suck at singing but i love to sing and i wont stop doing it. 

WP_20151106_001.jpg

Hello there. I am a big fan of Rainbow on the Dio era, in special Rising... Been studying this song for... who knows how long now haha... Great choice ;)

Now, its not sounding good bro, overall I believe its not the wisest choice for you right now. But, I also believe if you focus on the verses you could improve it quite a bit.

Listen to your recording and notice two things:

1 - You are pressing your voice/squeezing it to sing, try to relax more/open the sound more;

2 - Pay attention to the rhythm, notice how you rush and fall behind the band on a number of points. Stay tight with the drums and the bass line.

The higher sections, for now, I believe you should not worry about.

If you manage to get this going, pick something else from Rising, for example, Catch the Rainbow, and do the same. Its not the easiest song out there to start with but its way simpler than Stargazer ;)

• Review My Singing Membership

I deleted the link and now i quit singing. I have tried for over a year to become a better singer. I have tried to improve tone quality,mixed voice and belting. I have always thought i sounded good in my ears but you know sometimes the mind can trick you into thinking you are good when on the outside you are not. Music is not just for me and i have come to realize that. I have had alot of fun on this journey of training rock vocals but this is not just for me and i think it is good that i have come to realize that. I wish you all good vocalists a good future. But i failed so now i will get back into gaming.Bye

WP_20151106_001.jpg

• TMV World Legacy Member
4 hours ago, Simon Öhlund said:

I deleted the link and now i quit singing. I have tried for over a year to become a better singer. I have tried to improve tone quality,mixed voice and belting. I have always thought i sounded good in my ears but you know sometimes the mind can trick you into thinking you are good when on the outside you are not. Music is not just for me and i have come to realize that. I have had alot of fun on this journey of training rock vocals but this is not just for me and i think it is good that i have come to realize that. I wish you all good vocalists a good future. But i failed so now i will get back into gaming.Bye

WTF?!?!:QuestionFox:

• TMV World Member

you dont have to "quit" something just because it doesnt come easily and you dont have to quit just because you wont be a star overnight. Sometimes you just have to take your time and look into it a little bit

ANYONE can sing to one degree or another and maybe you are just missing something basic like decent breathing or something similar?

Many people told me I cant sing or play guitar etc....but I cant quit because I suck at gaming too...so im stuck.

• TMV World Legacy Member
5 hours ago, Simon Öhlund said:

Quit singing? Never!   It is true that we do not hear ourselves like others hear us. That is why you post on a place like this. Even when someone here tells you that you sing through your nose or your singing flat, it is not to make you stop. It is to give you directions on how to improve.

I went through the self learning and buying books on how to sing, singing techniques, and have been "Singing" for over 30 years. Even singing in public and getting paid for it ........... Guess what? I have(had) a terrible sound(I am now improving).

Even when you know in your heart you are doing everything right you can still have misguided concepts about your own voice  and what needs to change to make it better. How have you been trying to improve? what type of exercises?  Have you been recording yourself, listening to it and hearing where things sound wonkey and trying with a different type of sound? Using different amounts of Fold closure, Different intensities? Different vowels?   Or just singing the same song again the same way and having it sound the same over and over? There are certain ways to exercise that helps and certain ways that will hinder your progress.

Put the Link back up. Let more of us hear it. Realize that when or If we say something is bad or not working that it is meant to help you NOT discourage you.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Simon, about why it does not sound good, besides the two aspects I told you before, which you could correct working on the verses as I also told you, you just don't have the technique to handle the higher sections. It ends up sounding like a very naive attempt, plain lack of experience.

Now, you say you trained for a year, how did you do that?

With a year of training rhythm articulation should be working fine, no matter if you have affinity with singing or not. Did you get the program like I told you on the Kiske thread? Or are you just trying to use ideas you pick on the internet on your own? The later won't lead you nowhere...

The way I see it is simple, if you like singing, you have two choices, you can train it, and as time goes by you will improve. Or not, and as time goes by you will NOT improve. But time won't stop either way.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Simon Öhlund said:

... Team, this is now what we are doing here... 

Simon,  BS.... contact me personally at my personal email address or the contact page at 4Pillars... Not acceptable. 

In the meantime, send me the recording... and do it now.

No quitters!  Man up! Get on your feet soldier and fight! 

I'll take command here...  see 4:17 - 4:35 ... I absolutely LOVE this moment in this scene. Then 6:56... 

Warning, Its graphic... but perhaps we will inspire... 

https://youtu.be/DdlOTGayF7I