Just wanted to post up a new song of mine. I've kind of been off the radar around here but I've been reading the threads the past few weeks and trying to get with the community. Anyway this just came back from the masterer this afternoon. Kind of a different sound for me I think, especially in the hook. My voice seems darker with a more open relaxed weight to it. Maybe it's the range I'm in, not sure but it was refreshing to hear myself sing seeings how I listen to clients sing all day.:)

Enjoy.

http://www.jameslugo.com/sounds/Cage-Master.mp3

Cage

Written by James Lugo

Produced by James Lugo & Gregg Sartiano

Mixed by Ryan Williams

2nd Mixers, Gregg Sartiano & James Lugo

Mastered by Brian Gardner

Recorded and Mixed @ Hemispheres Recording, Los Angeles

James Lugo - Vocals, Guitars, Lead Guitar

Gregg Sartiano - Bass, Baritone Guitar

Charles Ruggiero - Drums

• TMV World Legacy Member

World class vocals and rock 'n' roll, James. I've listened to your older vocals and IMO I'll be damn if your voice is actually BETTER than it was and that's saying a lot. That's all I can say. And to top that, it's a catchy song and something I could actually LISTEN to on a regular basis. When you have that - you have a SONG. Cheers.

Wow! That was very professional! This sounds like something, as Jonpall said, something I could sit down and listen to when I want to hear music. Awesome :)

The entire thing was well done. For a song to be a song, all the pieces must fit and this one does. From the singing, of course, to even how the guitar solo is crafted. And great legato on the melody line, btw. And many kudos for writing your own stuff.

It's also cool to hear the softer side of your voice, now and then. Great range of dynamics. It's not all holler, belt, and growl.

Thanks guys. I've been pretty disconnected from making my own music for a longtime, with owning a studio, teaching and making other people's music you forget that you need to do music too. The tune was mixed on my new SSL 6048 E|G+ console:

:D

I am officially envious, Mr. Lugo. Now that, there, is some serious recording and mixing tech. Although it sounds, from your recording, that you didn't get too fancy, preferring to let the song carry itself rather than hide it in effects and, what I think is a problem in many recordings, over-doubling, just to beef up a track.

Flawless, fantastic vocals and production. What surprised me a little was the high standard of ur song. Man, don´t put up too much music for free if it´s of this class, or at least not the whole song, let people pay for it :)

Archived