My higher quality recordings

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TMV World Legacy Member

Wow that was a change of pace :D Good stuff man. What a great song...I never heard it before. You voice sounds good down low, nice tone you have down there and it sounded comfortable.

Just wanted to comment on "No One Like You." You already know that I have often thought that you sound similar to Klause Meine. So, it always thrills me to hear you do a Scorpions cover. It's one of my favorite songs of theirs. Some people had criticized that Klause never hid his german accent and phrasing. I always enjoyed it. Especially in this song. The phrase "I just want to belong for you" is how you would state it in German, as opposed to English, which would be "I just want to belong to you." I preferred Klaus' take on it.

And if you dare, it's the only time I will ask you to do a song but I think you could really do a great cover of "Lorelei" from the album, Sting in the Tail.

I think I need some sort of rubber stamp or something. Can you just put me down for a permanent "Nice Job?' :D

If I had one small critique it would be at 43 seconds the word "alone." The a at the start of that word seemed (to me) a little tight or pinched. It seemed that way on most of the matching notes to that one throughout the song. A tiny bit forced.

C'mon....I have to critique something. I can't let you get away with a perfect recording everytime!! :D

(sure...look at me critiquing notes I can't even get close to :o)

You have the right tone for this stuff man....nice.

Tommy, you're right. Gonna improve it next time. Thank you.

In Japan there is a philosophy known as Kaizen. The philosophy is based on continuous improvement.

No matter how good we are or how much we improve the path is (or at least we should view it as) never ending. Always strive to improve. That's what keeps you sharp! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Great job! I've never heard the original so I do not have to compare it against another voice. I can imagine hearing this on the radio the way it is.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

I usually only listen to Oldies stations here is the US. If I hear a Bon Jovi song it is "Wanted, Dead or Alive".

Or something that made it to the mainsteam "top 40". I've had a very narrow musical upbringing.

That is most likely why I am having so much difficulty improving my singing.

In a way it is good. When I hear a cover song I do not have to compare it to the original artist.

You always sound great and I really enjoy listening to you sing.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Very good Igor. Pronunciation was good :)

I really liked both "I" and "I'll" on the chorus'. The "I" sound had a nice ring to it . The vowel formation was very nice and gave it a great tone.

Good job

• 1 month later...