Dream Theater - Peruvian Skies Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Threw this one together just to see how it would sound. I didnt spend any amount of time mixing, and I know the backing vocs are a little funny, but I just don't have time to mess with them. Hope ya like it - and any critiques would be fantastic.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11600394&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

Thanks for listening guys. And, there isn't any sense in posting something that I know I can nail, cause then I wouldn't learn anything lol.

www.drop-head.com

Just listened to it in my car, gawd what a horrible mix :( I'm gonna have to re do the whole thing. But, not for a little while. Got lots of homework and another show to get ready for!

www.drop-head.com

Nice job Keith...

Thank you sir. Lots of pitchy places, but I always do one take of the main vocals so I know what I need to work on.

I gathered up some testicles and posted Metropolis Part I LOL - I am mortified about it, but it really shows what I am having issues with, like your books says "stop hitting notes, and start singing them!" I hit a ton of high notes in it, but I don't sing them.. I am trying still to get a more "open" tone up there. It is going to take lots of work! Thank god my band is not capable of playing such songs!

~Keith

www.drop-head.com

Hi Keith

really enjoyed it.i am new here and will be checking out more of the songs .I have just started with four pillars and hope to be able do justice to some of my favourite songs.Dream Theater are one of my faves and you did a great job.

Cheers

Paul

Hello, Keith! I am a big DT fan too and i have tried to sing some of their songs and know how tough it can be. YOu did a good job here, Ketih. You have problems when u aim for the big head notes like many of us, but you already know that. This song sounds good for the most part as it lies in your comfort zone and in your passagio. Try to focus more on songs with high pitches like Metropolis - you will benefit more from that i think.

Listened to it on a good hi-fi and wow I must say... You sound great in your middle register and your unique voice really brings life to the songs... I would take some of your middle voice and you can have some of my highs? :p

Listened to it on a good hi-fi and wow I must say... You sound great in your middle register and your unique voice really brings life to the songs... I would take some of your middle voice and you can have some of my highs? :P

Sure thing! Lets swap lol. :)

www.drop-head.com

I am running out of backing tracks lol! I am thinking about doing some of their newer songs though .

May i suggest "Build me up, break me down" that´s my favourite tune from their latest record.

May i suggest "Build me up, break me down" that´s my favourite tune from their latest record.

I actually have that backing track lol. It's super mega hard to sing, but next time I record, I'll give it a shot.

~Keith

www.drop-head.com

I actually have that backing track lol. It's super mega hard to sing, but next time I record, I'll give it a shot.

~Keith

Ya, the chorus seems to be a real challenge.

The high scream (BUILD... ME...UP) and (BREAK... ME..... DOWN) is not going to be fun. He did that voice once before in Octavarium at the end.. Sometimes I sit around and wonder how the heck he does some of that stuff!

www.drop-head.com

Ok, you've talked me in to it. Have some homework and my workout to do. If there is anything left in me, I'll record it today lol.

www.drop-head.com

Hahahaha, are u addicted to music, Keith? I know the feeling. You will be a really great singer ( I hope you don´t get me wrong, you are already a great singer)) one day, you have the passion and the determination.

Go big or go home I guess, huh Keith? :D

That was good.

And I was able to listen better. I had a brainstorm. I brought headphones to work so now I can listen without having to put my ear to a half assed busted up half working speaker. Duh!

Does everyone here use headphones to listen to the music here? I'm so behind it's pitiful. Even my own songs sounded better :lol:

Nice one Keith.

I've only been listening to everyone's soundfiles either through my laptop (no outside speakers only the laptop itself) at home or the one broken speaker at work. Headphones! wow :D

To think I spent most of my teens and early 20s with headphones on pretending I was in a rock band!! And i never thought to attach them to the computer. Doh!

I'm losin' it man....someone bitch slap me!

I'm losin' it man....someone bitch slap me!

Hold still, then. I'm getting older and it's hard to hit a moving target. :P

Another good thing about listening with headphones; it saves on the glassware. Ya think?

:/

I can't find anything wrong with this performance. You grabbed them there vowels and rode them like a rented mule and made them do what you wanted.

Good stuff.