Don't you hate these '60s christmas tunes? (Blues Original)

• TMV World Legacy Member

https://soundcloud.com/adonfanion/i-hate-these-1960s-christmas

Mostly a joke song in the sense that the lyrics are silly, but for some reason I head some major robin trower stuff going on, though I haven't listened to him in quite a while.

When the snow has covered the ground...

tell me now, you hear that sound?

It's something from the radio.

They play it again, they played it before.

I'm telling you I hate these 60's christmas tunes.

Everywhere you go now, people....

There's a song that you know.

But how many years? HOW MANY YEARS?!

yea, i'm tellin you, I hate these 60's christmas tunes.

they never even play a solo

Anyways, it's probably a rip-off because it's a very simple riff, but blues songs are re-done all the time, so whatever.

What do you think?

Do YOU hate these 1960's christmas tunes?

TALENTED!!!???! I had to practice for hours and hours and hours!!

LOL, they might be. I have a pretty different approach to instruments, vocals, and music than most though.

Yes I say talented. I know music is something that someone works hard on and it takes years and dedication. Aren't you like 17 or close to that. Pretty solid for someone that young.

If your approach is different, what do you see as your approach?

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Well people always do this 'ground up' approach with all instruments, where as I always try and learn the most difficult possible thing to start out, and it seems to develop skills much faster. Maybe not the 'hardest possible thing' but rather something that is challenging and enjoyable. One of the first songs I learned on guitar was a Van Halen song. The first vocal covers I did were 'I am a Viking' by Yngwie, and 'Run to the hills' by Maiden.

The first songs I learned on piano were 'Maple leaf rag' By scott joplin, 'Rondo alla turca/turkish march' by Mozart, and 'Fantasie Impromptu' By Chopin.

So shoot high, miss, improve. If you can't improve, you need to calibrate your scope (change your method), then shoot again.

Cool way to approach things. :) It seems to be working for you.

I know that for some around here the word talented is a bad word. I did not mean that you did not have to work hard for your accomplishments. Singing and playing is one thing but to put it all together and make real music takes skill and talent. Anyway I really like the way you do things.

I'm just playing around. I know it's all a compliment, good intentions. Thanks; in a way I really enjoy being able to screw around, make one joke song after another. One metal, one bluesy, one acapella, or who cares lol. Sort of a freedom to improve in more than one area.

I spoke before about how my band broke up recently. I tend to trap myself when I have a band, though it's my fault and I know I shouldn't.

My band broke up also. One member was too much of a perfectionist and another didn't want to work on anything.

Good stuff, Adon. Let me get it out first, so that I can concentrate on the rest of my reply - good job.

Ah, that felt good. (insert devil smiley here)

And I have butchered songs for comedic effect for a long time. Some lyrics are risque and I would get in trouble if I posted my version, here.

Sometimes, all you have to do is turn the phrase around. The Christmas song starts out "chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Jack Frost nipping at your nose.

My version is "Jack Frost roasting on an open fire, chestnuts hitting your nose."

From there, it descends into all sorts of debauchery.

I have ruined an AIC song. (to the tune of "The Rooster.")

"Ain't found a way to grill cheese yet.

I'll have another cigarette.

Seems every path leaves me with no hair."

Or Eric Clapton (to the tune of "Cocaine.")

When your hair falls out.

Down to the ground,

Rogaine."

I could go on.

Anyway, excellent job, as far as I could hear. If you were playing in a club and performing this, I would pay the cover charge to get in and hear it. That's a better compliment, in my opinion, than just good job.

Well I didn't start out that way. Actually, when I started I just really wanted to hit high notes, and thought that was everything. I still haven't any head voice mix voice control, but I have a good upper belting range for a bass or baritone. If I sing in the contremporary style I sound my age, but I sing in a very thick classical kind of style.

I do like metal, but every now and then I do something different and am impressed with the results.

@Ronws

Thanks man, it's an original like I said but just probably very derivative of something I imagine. I used to butcher song lyrics all the time not having read them. I would feel really embarassed when somebody corrected me lol. I remember being really little and singing that 'smashmouth' hit song, saying 'all that glitters is mold' as opposed to 'all that glitters is gold' XD

here's my version of a Christmas song.

"Said the electrician to his helper,

Do you smell what I smell?

Said the electrician to his helper,

Do you smell what I smell?

A plumber, a pluimber

You better run for cover

'Cause they always smell that way

No matter how many times they bathe a day."

I guess you had to be there. I actually sang that for a plumber. He thought it was funny.

Thanks, Duchi. Maybe we should have a joke song thread. However, like I said, a number of botched songs have risque lyrics. Not dirty words, but risque thoughts. However, the cleaner ones can be put in.

For "The Rooster," you can put in different words with the ee sound. Cheese, beans, something one-syllable.

"Ain't found a way to grill beans, yet.

I'll have another cigarette

Seems every coat I get is mohair.

Here they come to puff the Rooster.

Yeah,

Here they come to puff the Rooster.

Yeah.

You know, we ain't gonna fry

Oh no,

You know we aint gonna fry."

Hey M, you could say witch, and if it's an adult audience, you could use the b word. That's the one that came to my mind.

"Like a witch over boiled water.

I'd filet mignon."

My friend, Lee (RIP) ruined "Bad Moon Rising" by CCR.

His lyric -

"There's a bathroom on the right." (instead of "there's a bad moon on the rise")

So, I returned the favor by butchering Frank Sinatra's "Strangers in the Night."

But I cannot repeat my version here. Needless to say, when a commercial would be on tv for a collection of songs including "Strangers in the Night," he was powerless to stop himself from hearing my debauchery.

I knew my work was done. :D

And I have also "altered" country songs, as well.

I have butchered both Alan Jackson and Garth Brooks.

In addition, I have also derailed some traditional mexican songs, in both english and spanish. And an italian aria, which defiled, in english and in mexican spanish.

Have twisted sense of humor, will sing.

There are many songs I have "ruined" for my wife. I am constantly twisting tunes. It's a family tradition.

when some songs come on the radio I will get a dirty look from my wife "Don't even think about it. I love this song" :P

There are many songs I have "ruined" for my wife. I am constantly twisting tunes. It's a family tradition.

when some songs come on the radio I will get a dirty look from my wife "Don't even think about it. I love this song" :P

I should send you my lyrics for Alan Jackson and Garth Brooks.

My wedding song was Led Zepplin's "Thank You." I was a huge Zep fan since their first album. I met my wife in July of '82. In May of this year I posted a rough version of "Thank You" here to see if I could work it out for our 30th anniversary this passed July, of when we met. I would then sing it again on the Cruise we were going on in September for our 29th wedding anniversary. I made a CD of the recording and she loved it. She didn't mention anything about the singing as I think the sentiment got her. However, on the cruise, after I sang it live she asked. "How do you think that was?" Uh oh! When she asks that I know it's a nice way of saying it didn't sound so good. She puts it on me that sly one!!! :D

You know what my justification is? She is deaf in one ear so I tell her that her pitch perception is off!!! So there! :D

My wedding song was Led Zepplin's "Thank You." I was a huge Zep fan since their first album. I met my wife in July of '82. In May of this year I posted a rough version of "Thank You" here to see if I could work it out for our 30th anniversary this passed July, of when we met. I would then sing it again on the Cruise we were going on in September for our 29th wedding anniversary. I made a CD of the recording and she loved it. She didn't mention anything about the singing as I think the sentiment got her. However, on the cruise, after I sang it live she asked. "How do you think that was?" Uh oh! When she asks that I know it's a nice way of saying it didn't sound so good. She puts it on me that sly one!!! :D

You know what my justification is? She is deaf in one ear so I tell her that her pitch perception is off!!! So there! :D

Sweet. Marriage is a beautiful thing. Like me writing a love song for my wife but it didn't make her cry like my cover of "Leader of the Band" by Dan Fogelberg.

Oh well, as long as she loves a house-broken dog like me. And my wife, too, let's me know I hit a bum note, lest anyone thing that I get smoke blown up my skirt at home. In fact, once in a live performance, I hit a bum note, and she pointed it out for everyone, in case they missed it.

I think she is as tough as any of you guys, without all the technical singer's lingo.

My first wife was a classically trained pianist. But she would correct me, too.

Sorry, Adon, it appears I have commandeered your thread. I just get a kick out of joke songs. And I listened to the Dr. Demento show when I was a teenager. That probably dates me, a little bit.