The Cowboy Song - Thin Lizzy

• TMV World Legacy Member

Slightly less airplay than "The Boys are Back in Town" And not covered like "Whiskey in the Jar."

But I like it. It has the word Texas in it.

:)

https://app.box.com/s/wvhqefo89o7rlcriqxtk

I am not familiar with the original but the point here is not to compare.

I enjoyed the singing immensely, it was a joy from the beginning, I think that this piece really suits your

voice Ron. I liked how you go from low to high and your voice just flows, no sign of strain whatsoever.

Great singing

Thanasis

Thanks, guys. And thanks, Thanos. It is has been my goal to have one seemless voice that sounds "easy."

Igor, you are welcome in Texas, any time. And I have two cowboy hats. You can borrow one.

Nice job on that one Ron. You've got great control over the song - I assume that was one take. Pitch was right on all the way through. Like Thanos said - no strain whatsoever. You're voice covers that range very well. I'm not familiar with that song either.

• Administrator

Nice job on that one Ron. You've got great control over the song - I assume that was one take. Pitch was right on all the way through. Like Thanos said - no strain whatsoever. You're voice covers that range very well. I'm not familiar with that song either.

Ron,

VERY WELL DONE !!! I definitely "second" geno's and Thanos' comments !!!

As you know, I don't often comment on the songs as I mostly concentrate on the videos, but I couldn't help commenting on this (your song) !!! I really enjoyed it, not only the vocals, but the guitar as well....

Great job, my Friend !!! :cool:

PS Do I get a cowboy hat, too ??? :D

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

Ronws, Sorry I missed this when you first posted it.

It sounds as if you are getting more comfortable with the lower end. I liked it keep them coming.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Ron - that was great.

Irish Cowboys (their hats anyway) and made me recall this (spoof) TV news video from an Irish comedy show:

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

Give me a while I will have enough cowboy hats for everyone.

This is for you, Geno, since you were not familiar with the song. Thin Lizzy, an irish rock band doing a song about cowboys in Texas. Who'd have thought of it?

And thanks again, guys, for this is also affirmation that I am choosing the right material for my voice. And thanks, Adolph. Like you said, you usually only comment on videos, especially ones you can feature in the media site. So, for a simple acoustic song (yes, one take, playing guitar and singing at the same time, with the Zoom H1) to get some attention is way cool.

Anyway, the original.

You have a great timbre man...

This is my favorite thing you have posted in recent memory...although i really liked your Darkness cover.

One of my biggest weakness is playing guitar and singing....... you seem to have that down though

I too am not familiar with the original

but again i really liked this

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Thanks, Geno.

And Chavie, thank you. Since 1974, I have been playing guitar and singing at the same time. Back then, there was no digital recording software at home, no backing tracks you could download for a $1 USD. So, for a po' boy like me with no lessons, I had to learn the song on guitar and sing with that. It was the 1990's before I could afford a 4 track analog recorder, used, at a pawn shop. So, I am more comfortable with covers like this then full karaoke tracks. So, I have a list of songs like this that I can do with any guitar, mine or borrowed. And this one, I have done for probably 10 years, now and then. So, I guess, I already had some work into this song and it was a matter of just pressing record and let fly. As Felipe would say, get the performance worked out, and recording is an afterthought. almost.