Please Come to Boston

• TMV World Legacy Member

Robert inspired me to Try this song.

2 hours setting up equipment. 5 mins to play and sing the song. 2 hours trying to upload.

Well here it is.

Any feedback encouraged good or bad.

https://soundcloud.com/user898702554/please-come-to-boston-practice

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Now, that was really good. On par with how much I liked your cover of "Leader of the Band." This was a spot-on match of voice and song. Granted, you have an advantage of already having a southern accent and the way you say "Tenessee" is authentic. And kudos for playing the arrangement. I could totally be grilling steaks, sipping a Shiner Bock, and listening to you do this song. So, if you ever come to Texas, let me know, so that I make sure I have enough Kingsford Mesquite Charcoal (I prefer mesquite to hickory,) and I will either be steaming some corn on the cob or making my own recipe, Cajun Mashed Sweet Potatos. (My dog likes those, which is a good sign.) Now, I am getting tempted to try this song, as well.

Good stuff, M.

edited to add: I usually cook top sirloin but I can cook rib-eye, if that is your preference.

Yeah, when you work on a song for all of 5 mins you may have some pitch problems. :P

If I had time and wanted to try to make money from the song I would practice the song more and maybe keep banging at it until the pitch was perfect. :D

I am making progress. Any tips or even suggestions on where I went wrong are appreciated.

I hear things that I can fix but that does not mean that I hear the same problems as someone else.

So any comments welcome. Good or bad. You cannot fix something if you don't know where the problem lies.

you are right, I didn't talk about where was the pitch problems, sorry for that, but I was more focus on listen and enjoy, ;) but my ears are very picky on those things, sorry, more than myself for sure :D when you go to low registers maintaining the notes are very important to not get those pitch problems, in your case more than the high notes, where you don't seem to have any particular problem :D it's not a bunch of them of course, and only in that case you can work on, because the song suits so so well, you did a great job! if you want to improve, my tip is that: work on low notes and how to maintain them ;) I use to put my belly in for the low notes to maintain the sound :)

Thanks Agcor85. I also remind singers that the lower notes need added support as much as the higher notes.

It is easy to say but not quite as easy to do. :P

And, Agcor, I have been telling M he is a higher voice type than he thought. I have heard him do stuff quite a bit higher than this without an apparent problem.

But this is kind of a low-slung song, to begin. And I have had problems, myself, before with really low songs. And like M says, you've got to watch your p's adn q's just as much at the low stuff as anywhere else.

Hey, Just wanted to say I liked it! Like you said yourself, those minor pitch issues would probably fix themselves if you devoted more time to the song.. But yeah, your voice goes very well with this song.

The only parts that I put real effort into practicing was the ending where the pitch raises. That still ended up being shakey. For some reason when I get to a modulation like that I lose the melody line. I transition to a harmony line that is either too high or too low.

The way I pronounce words really messes with my pitch. Now I am starting to recognise the problems when I listen back to the song. Before, I knew I had problems but could not hear the cause.

Very Cool MDEW! This might be the first time I heard you. You've got a great voice and style. It's funny so much time setting up the equipment and uploading! Aint that the truth sometimes! We get sucked into spending so much time on technical stuff (as opposed to creative stuff). This song fits your style well. Nice vibrato, nice tone, very clear, and good pitch.