Journey-Faithfully

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey all, it's been a LONG time since I sang or posted anything here so I wanted to share a track I recorded the other day. This is me trying to song the song Faithfully by Journey. I used a ton of reverb and compression on the vocals to try to emulate the Steve Perry sound on the actual recording. My natural vocal range breaks right where Steve Perry is comfortable so this was REALLY hard for me to do! Hope you will enjoy it and feel free to tell me where you can tell I'm struggling!

"GIDDYUP!"

Awesome, of course. When I hear you sing this, your voice sounds closer to Deen (Castronovo, drums) than it does Steve or Arnel. And many may not know how awesome a singer Deen is and that he sings some of the higher stuff when they are on tour.

And it's good to hear from you after such a long silence in the forum, as it were.

Thanks for the kind words but Steve Perry puts me to shame! Glad you enjoyed my rendition and thanks for taking the time to post. :)

"GIDDYUP!"

Hi, Snax, nice to have you back and what a comeback! Too bad the mix/sound quality of your voice isn´t top notch IMO. The mix is in the vein of Journey but i think you overdid it this time. I would have liked your beautiful voice more present, it sounds a little blurry for this type of song.

Hi, Snax, nice to have you back and what a comeback! Too bad the mix/sound quality of your voice isn´t top notch IMO. The mix is in the vein of Journey but i think you overdid it this time. I would have liked your beautiful voice more present, it sounds a little blurry for this type of song.

Hey Olem, thanks for your honesty my friend. :) I did use far more reverb than i would normally use for sure. If you listen to the Journey version, Steve perry's voice is also very washed out with effects. It's almost like they only used the reverb aux return channels and took out the main vocal!

"GIDDYUP!"

Excellent tone and control. I really liked it.

Thank you David. I don't really have good control yet of my voice through the first passagio area but i'm trying to sing more again and strengthen the supporting muscles. I should do warm ups before singing too but always seem to just hit record and sing when i'm inspired in the moment.

"GIDDYUP!"

Well done! Good to see you here again Mike. This not an easy song. These Journey songs lie in a high tessatura and Steve sings those songs with a lighter weight to save his voice. I thought your voice was rock solid - great tone all the way through. The reverb didn't bother me at all. I thought it was well mixed.

Thanks so much Geno! I am planning on posting just the bare vocal track soon so that everyone can hear better where I'm having trouble. Reverb does wonders to mask all the tricky bits... ;)

"GIDDYUP!"