Take Hold Of The Flame 2008

• TMV World Legacy Member

This has always been the holy grail to me vocally. This version is a bit old and I would like to have remixed it but could only find the background track and this 2 track master. I was just getting a grip on this tune here and I can hear myself getting fatigued towards the end of the song. I am going to do an updated version soon since I found the background track. This is for you Jabroni

https://app.box.com/s/qwgcoghu7tudz9bmvrgk728nocarpnqt

Ecxellent take but you are going to have to be a bit more specific if you want to point out the fatigue. Maybe it sticks out to you like a sore thumb, and to you only. I don't hear fatigue. And that is part of why I don't offer excuses for a song when presenting it. There were a few times I thought I was weak on something and someone else thought it was strong and all I had to do was keep my mouth shut and accept the applause. Why? Maybe not for anyone else in the world, I know, but for me, there is always the possibility that I could be wrong, even just a little.

Thank You ronws! I guess its just an older recording and I remember recording it and feeling a bit tired by the end lol. Maybe it doesn't show? The song is much higher than I would normally keep my own vocal lines on originals. Its always been one of my favorites and I have no idea how Geoff Tate could do an hour and a half of these kinds of vocals back in the day, he was stellar.:beerbang:

Thank you Jabroni, I have been looking for this recording for the last week or so since we last chatted. Its a little old and I feel I could do a better job today than then. BTW, your belts are sounding fantastic my brother. :headbang:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Man two things that needs to be addressed right away, first, the begining is awesome in regards to position and placement, thats exactly what you need to do, BUT, please redo it and sing on the beat man, you are singing ahead of the tempo almost all the time, its distracting!

And when going high, you are exagerating the change, try to keep your voice closer to what you do on the begining, just use the vowels more on the direction of Uh (cover more). The way you are doing right now produces a huge change and it breaks the quality you have on the lower area. On Hold, either go loud with OH, or cover too. You sang it almost hEHld, doesnt work well.

Right direction, keep it up!

Thanks for the comments guys. It is 7 years old and I am much more capable to cover the song now than I was in 2008. I will try to find the time to sing a current version. I appreciate the suggestions for improvements many of the faults I have heard myself listening back.