Covering Robert Lunte Souls of silence

Hey i really loved Roberts song so i decided to give it a go. It turned out it was a really hard song both vocaly and musicaly so i learned alot.

I tried a little diffrent approach that Rob did i aimed more for a Russel allen(symphony x) so know it's up to you to review if i succeeded or failed :)

Cheers

• TMV World Legacy Member

Succeeded or failed...I wouldn't know since I don't know Rob's version nor do I know anything about Russel Allen or that style of music. All I do know is that it all sounded good to me. :) Great voice there brother!

I want that backing track. If like to hear a little less distortion in your version . I like it, but it sounds to me like it is either full blown distortion or clean. Something In The middle would be more musical IMO / but good job, it is a hard song. Robert makes it look easier than it really is lol.

www.drop-head.com

thanks for the nice replies :D I actualy tried to do less distortion, but it didnt really suit the song or the mood i was aiming for.

The track is actualy really heavy and very proggy when i tried to do less it kindo sounded like you put in a sleezemetal singer in there hehe :D

Edit: yeah Rob did a great job, inspired me to try :)

Definitely more distortion or grit than the original, as I remember. But then, of the originals Robert has posted here, he doesn't really use distortion in his songwriting.

So, this is your own take, your own artistic license of interpretation.

Will you consider me not helpful or doing you a disservice if I say good job?

What if I say "epic"? Because it had an epic quality. And epic is spelled differently than good job. I know enough English to know that, at least. Maybe I can skirt around the requirement to not just say "good job" if I use a different word or words.

I liked it. And it's the one of the few times I have actually heard a submission from you, so it really must mean something.

Jesus Christ Jens....you're BEASTING!!!!

Damn. Is there anything else you wanna do with your voice? It sounds like you've got everything connected and strong as hell.

Reminds of Erik A.K. from Flotsam and Jetsam.

I can not lie, I actually enjoyed this version better than Robert's and that says a lot as he was mentor for well over a year.

Singer, Songwriter, Bass player and Guitarist
Student of Robert Lunte

You sound like something straight outta hell... and I mean that in the best way possible.

Check out my band, if ya want (please and/or thank you).

https://tothefields.bandcamp.com/

• Administrator

GREAT, Jens !!! :cool:

Would like to see you upload it to the "TMV World Social Media" site..... Definitely looks like a "Featured Video" to me ! :)

Warmest Regards,

Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

• Administrator

You're most welcome, Jens :)

Uploading a video is relatively easy. Once you are logged in, go to the "Social Home Page". From there, scroll down to the "Featured Videos". Under the videos you will see a prompt >> "ADD VIDEOS". Simply click on that and it will take you to another page. From there, you can upload your video from your computer.

You can also upload a video from your profile page. In the center column, you should find the same prompt >> "ADD VIDEOS".

If you have any problems, you can always send the video to me at my email address (below), and I'd be pleased to help you out :)

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR VIDEO :cool:

Sincerely,

Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"