• TMV World Legacy Member

You should give some vocal lessons to the King,,,at least how to use his head voice instead of 5+ tracks of falsseto xD

btw awesome cover...extremely talented..i love it

You should give some vocal lessons to the King,,,at least how to use his head voice instead of 5+ tracks of falsseto xD

btw awesome cover...extremely talented..i love it

Glad you liked it and thanks for your kind words :)

Cheers

Than

I agree with Elvis. King's high stuff is always falsetto and you are singing full. And you said this was a cover, which qualifies. If it were a tribute recording, we would have to expect you to sound like King, which you don't. However, I do like your voice on this song and I like how you played the arrangement.

Good stuff, keep doing it.

• Administrator

Someone did a King Diamond cover?  Now THAT is the most interesting cover idea I have heard in a long time. Very interesting... The master of Evil Prog. Falsetto!

Bro, that is frickin cool. LOL!  I can't believe someone tried to do this... its so... well, King Diamond and quirky.. but what an interesting challenge.  Hey, you did great... it sounds a lot like King Diamond... great job!  Where did you get the bed track for this? How did you get those spooky King Diamond harmonies?  

I think a lot of people are not going to "get it"... the whole King Diamond "thing"... its a little strange.... its an aquarium taste. You have to be a bit twisted to even start listening to this stuff. King Diamond is the only metal singer was ever able to make Falsetto work for him and have people take him seriously.

One of my Favs... King Diamond singing in the band "Merciful Fate".  I love the groove on this tune... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbMkXarAX_M

Someone did a King Diamond cover?  Now THAT is the most interesting cover idea I have heard in a long time. Very interesting... The master of Evil Prog. Falsetto!

Bro, that is frickin cool. LOL!  I can't believe someone tried to do this... its so... well, King Diamond and quirky.. but what an interesting challenge.  Hey, you did great... it sounds a lot like King Diamond... great job!  Where did you get the bed track for this? How did you get those spooky King Diamond harmonies?  

I think a lot of people are not going to "get it"... the whole King Diamond "thing"... its a little strange.... its an aquarium taste. You have to be a bit twisted to even start listening to this stuff. King Diamond is the only metal singer was ever able to make Falsetto work for him and have people take him seriously.

One of my Favs... King Diamond singing in the band "Merciful Fate".  I love the groove on this tune... 

Rob, I'm glad you liked this :)

I did the "grandma" phrase in a stronger head voice but I tried a much lighter shade for the rest (closer to King's interpretation).

I made the music bed, my recording through and through safe for the drums & solos of course.

As for the harmonies, I just copied what is on the record, always using a very light, piercing tone.

The truth here is that although it sounds like he's got 5 different harmonies, he's got only 1 harmony, doubled a few times.

I did the same thing. One main voice and 1 harmony done 3 times if I remember correctly.

I'm pretty sure I've posted a cover of Mercyful Fate's Come to the Sabbath, you might enjoy that.

Definitely an acquired taste and I'm glad it stayed that way :)

Cheers

Than