Snax sings Tom Jones song "With These Hands"

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey folks, I haven't been singing much these days so I thought I'd better get my butt in gear and give it a go! lol Here's what I recorded this afternoon. Hope you like it.

http://soundcloud.com/mike-bromelow/snax-with-these-hands

"GIDDYUP!"

Snax, you are an interesting fellow. Not only can you sing great but you are a heck of a painter as well. While I was enjoying some "With These Hands", I checked out your website, very cool.

Steve

Excellent job Mr. Halfo ... er, I mean, Mike. If there was only some way that I could persuade you to give up the glamour of muskie lures for the gritty reality of a stinky car for 1500 miles, bad food, no rest, dishonest record execs ... can't you see the latter is better for you? :)

Awesome as usual, Mike. Just once, it would be nice to hear you mess up so that we actually have something to critique. JK.

I always enjoy your voice and your singing and I hope you always keep doing it, even if you don't hit the road again.

For those of you new to this forum, Mike used to be in a working band, some time ago.

Well done ! Its about time we had a bit of tom jones , Great job and gave a listen to your other songs all very good !

Being welsh myself i am always singing TJ songs i will have to get some recorded :D

www.youtube.com/user/sidsingskaraoke

Thanks guys! I sing for the love and challenge of it these days. I have no desire to compete or try to be better than anyone but my former self. ;)

"GIDDYUP!"

I have no desire to compete or try to be better than anyone but my former self. ;)

Ahh yes, the never ending journey. No better way to improve imo. The battle against the self.

Great philosophy Snax.

I sing for the love and challenge of it these days. I have no desire to compete or try to be better than anyone but my former self. ;)

Well not to compete against others, but voice like yours is a rare gift and I think gifts like that need to be shared ;) I'm sure people would love to hear you sing :) That's all I'm saying, music needs to be heard!

Hello, Snax, it´s great to see you here again. An impressive performance as always, world class singing and world class mixing. To me this was a sleeping pill though, i think Tom Jones has made many better songs than this dull one. When it comes to your singing IMO i think you had too many vibrato parts, if you had mixed it up a little more i think it would have been an even better performance.

Great vocals Snax! I really like the overall sound of your voice. Are you sure you're not a bass or a baritone? You have a very full sound. Are you singing very close to the mic? Anyway, if I am to critisize anything, it would be that I recommend that you make your vibrato a BIT faster, because it's borderline wobbly. But it could also be a matter of taste. Have a nice day man!

Hi Jonpall, I'm not sure what my voice would be classified as to tell you the truth. I wasn't too close to the mic. I do have a large chest and powerful frame which might be what gives me the full sound? I'm actually built like Tom Jones was in his youth funnily enough and also have a rather large head as he does. I know that a large noggin can definitely give a singer a more full sounding upper register. As for my vibrato, it just comes out that way. If I sang more or did a proper warmup beforehand I think it would speed up and become more natural sounding. Thanks for the comments and suggestions all. I hope to do better next time around! :)

"GIDDYUP!"

Hi Jonpall, I'm not sure what my voice would be classified as to tell you the truth. I wasn't too close to the mic. I do have a large chest and powerful frame which might be what gives me the full sound? I'm actually built like Tom Jones was in his youth funnily enough and also have a rather large head as he does. I know that a large noggin can definitely give a singer a more full sounding upper register. As for my vibrato, it just comes out that way. If I sang more or did a proper warmup beforehand I think it would speed up and become more natural sounding. Thanks for the comments and suggestions all. I hope to do better next time around! :)

That's interesting. As you know, I think you sound a lot like Rob Halford. Yet you two guys have different physical structures, at least from the outside. Halford is a short guy and was skinny most of his life and has a small head. Whereas you look more normal sized in most aspects.

I think you were one of the few that responded in my old thread about how low can you go and I think you set off seismic alarms in China, even though you are in Canada.