Wonderfull Tonight - Eric Clapton Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys!

I did a cover of Claptons Wondefull Tonight. Dont know why but when im recording i feel like a retard. Everything is harder, its like i never sang in my life xD.

There are quite some pitchy places but its ok i guess. Take a listen and tell me what you think.

https://app.box.com/s/3lugi72c6z95c065tsads5wwq4yrhjq9

Edit: i took another listen and i hate it even more i want to redo it xD but ill leave this here since i already posted it

Thanks pekka for your vote of confidence. I cant really believe anyone would like it cuz i dont even likebit myself. 

Im kinda in a tough spot lately. I lack vocal range to do songs i really love but when i try to do these lower songs my low end endd up wobely on pitch when recording. Need more practice xD

Elvis, your tone was good man, actually I rather liked it. Don't be using the defeatist approach. "I lack vocal range and my low notes end up wobbly".  Whether a song is High or Low there are always elements to work out. If you listen back to the song and notice that you are going off pitch a little, or something not sounding right, Go over that area of the song by itself for a while. One piece at a time.

Always do this for all songs. It is part of the process of learning a song. It is easier to screw up on easy songs because you do not pay attention to them.

When I recorded "All of Me"  I could not complete the song in one recording. I had to take each part by itself for a while. But now I know the song a lot better and can sing it from start to finish.  The ascetics may not be palatable to everyone but there are no Flips, chokes or wobbles either.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

thanks guys for the kind comments. you encouraged me to redo the song the way i would sing it rather than "emulating" Clapton's style.

@mdew you are preety spot on with your comment. i do put myself down sometimes when its uncalled for

Nice tone, Elvis . I think it's a good idea to choose from time to time some "easier" songs, just to focus on other issues than range, as the expression, pitch , rhythm, etc.

I enjoyed it and I think with little practice you will sing it even better

Good job!

Please, review and critique my latest post: Donny Hathaway - A song for you

souncloud: https://soundcloud.com/matias-azar-

Hey Elvis, you got a really nice tone man! Yeah you were pitchy here and there. So what? Just re-do the song. I found the backing track very distracting. May I humbly suggest you to record the guitar yourself? I think it would sound so much better. Also when practicing, you could try it with the guitar, as this is a pretty lay back song. I think you would develop confidence and intimacy with the song, and perform it better. Cheers

As I've said before, it doesn't matter if you're sour, you're still captivating due to your timbre, but I understand you wholly!

I think it's mostly because you "feel like a retard" when you're recording, but it will fade away. I'm experiencing the same thing, but it's way better than before. Just keep on recording and it wont feel as awkward and disruptive as it does now.

Good work!

• TMV World Member

Hey Elvis.

I will mirror some other comments here - this version sounds "unsure" like you're not quite sure how to sing the song. Remember - it takes about 10 times singing a song before you feel completely at ease. I can hear your uneasiness; especially on the notes when you go flat.

Fear = hesitation = failure.

Recording can be an intimidating, cold and uninspiring chore. Like anything else in life, the more you do it the more comfortable it becomes. The more you figure out how to do it.

You're tone is good, you just sound like you lack confidence. Practice the song until you're sick of it. Leave it alone for a couple of days, then go back and sing it again. You'll be surprised how much more confident you'll be.

Kevin Richards
Founder - RPM Vocal Studios
http://www.rpmvocalstudio.com
[twitter]rockthestagenyc[/twitter]

As everyone has said before, sounds good! sure u can do it better! and dont feel like a retard, just get into the song and have fun :P 

One time, my girlfriend dressed a short pants (she hates) just for cleaning the apartment, when i saw her, i started to sing this song (spanish version) changing a word here and there, singing something like "you are wonderful in shorts". I dont know if i hit the notes correctly, but surely i did it with full emotion because i really think she is wonderfull. 

My advice is not really technical, when you sing you have to feel the song, just be sure to think in someone who move your floor.