Felipe Carvalho - Barracuda (Heart cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Nice job! B)

Interesting to hear your interpretation. Before your vocals started I was wondering how you would perform the song since it was originally sung by a woman. Whether you go "Andre Matos" a la Wuthering Heights with a lot of "heady" notes or not. The grit/distortion was a nice touch!

I liked it. And for some reason, on this, your sound reminded me of Paul Stanley. So, I saw you in Kiss make-up and platforms and sporting a Les Paul.

Holly Sheetzz! Great job Felipe! You made it your own my friend. But for my taste, the choruses and the bridge were the best parts hands down, where you really shone, singing a bit lighter and more agile than in the verses, where you sounded heavier than in the rest of the song. Still, I liked very much. Keep them coming, please.

@Jabroni thank you!! I understand your idea, do you think it would sound cool if pulled on that direction?

@rowns and Pekka I surely can live with that one :). Although platforms would probably result in multiple fractures hehehe :P Thanks guys!

@mdew :) thank you man.

@Gnee I agree. I pushed the bar a little bit on the verses because it matches what I am currently working on, serves to show that power does not necessarily come from going hard at it! Thanks for the careful listening and for the words! :)

It sounds great as expected, Felipe! And as a big fan of this song i enjoyed it very much. Your vocal ability is nearly flawless. Perhaps a few native americans would react and hear your accent in some places.

Actually, Olem, I like Felipe's accent. And when I hear others for whom american English is not their native dialect and language, I still like how they sound. But I also applaud when someone is able to sound american when they sing a song. That is, I don't have a judgement against either. Which doesn't mean I don't have standards. It's just that different accent is not an issue for me. Sometimes, hearing a song with an accent makes it more romantic.

I have a profane version of "O Sole Mio" that I sing in English and in (mexican) Spanish. And I like it better in Spanish, it sounds more romantic. And I have been told that I speak Spanish like a mexican when I do it, which makes sense, since I learned it primarily from mexicans. Though, I do have one guy in our company from El Savador and his accent and tone is that of Christopher Walken. So, imagine Christopher Walken speaking El Salvadoran!

It's not a big thing, Ron. It depends on what goals you have. There is nothing majorly wrong with Felipe's english pronunciation, overall it is very good. I have an accent too and when an english friend of mine listened to my out-of-pitch squeezy sounded  covers it was the only thing he mentioned: "You could work on your english accent". It's another thing if you are consistent with it and you want it to be a trademark of yours. I don't know what goals Felipe has, but it could be difficult to be hired in an english/american band if you don't sing english good. Felipe is a great singer with a great technique, this is IMO one small thing to improve to make a perfect show.

Actually, Olem, I like Felipe's accent. And when I hear others for whom american English is not their native dialect and language, I still like how they sound. But I also applaud when someone is able to sound american when they sing a song. That is, I don't have a judgement against either. Which doesn't mean I don't have standards. It's just that different accent is not an issue for me. Sometimes, hearing a song with an accent makes it more romantic.

I have a profane version of "O Sole Mio" that I sing in English and in (mexican) Spanish. And I like it better in Spanish, it sounds more romantic. And I have been told that I speak Spanish like a mexican when I do it, which makes sense, since I learned it primarily from mexicans. Though, I do have one guy in our company from El Savador and his accent and tone is that of Christopher Walken. So, imagine Christopher Walken speaking El Salvadoran!

​Agreed. When Edu Falaschi (ex-Angra vocalist, Brazilian) sings, his accent shows in some places but I really enjoy the pronunciation with the accent more, honestly.

First off AWESOME version, nice to here a different interpretation. I agree reminds me of a supp'ed up Paul Stanley, that said all good. my only suggestion on the upper parts in chorus roll more into the head, keep it firmer in the mask and keep it more forward.. over all excellent job.

HM Darius Adrik Conrad Alexander Noto-Holstein

***** Conrad Noto *****

www.ImperialHouseofKings.org

NotoStars@hotmail.com

@Olem thanks for the feedback and the words man. Would you mind pointing spots where its most evident?

@Jugulator haha thank you! Guess its time for Detroit Rock City :P

@guitarplayerjax thank you!!

@Brooklyn Thanks a lot!!

@Darius Thanks for your words and the feedback! Will keep it in mind! :)

awesome!!

PLEASE CONTACT DANIEL@YOURVOCALTEACHER.COM WWW.YOURVOCALTEACHER@GMAIL.COM
WWW.YOURVOCALTEACHER.COM
WWW.DANIELFORMICAVOCALSTUDIO.COM
www.soundcloud.com/daniel-formicahttps://www.youtube.com/user/danformica
Disclaimer-Anything I write or try to help people with on here are techniques and things that have worked for ME. They are not necessarily" right" or "wrong" but have worked for ME and my 20+ yrs as a professional working
singer.
Thank you

• Administrator

Felipe, Im just getting a chance to listen to this... sorry for the delay... been fighting other fires...

As a man you have to interpret this in some new way... nice approach , the distortion is cool.

My homie from Seattle here... 

Thoughts:

:54... "... ill betcha..." - the plosive onset there off the /b/ was great!

:59... on "you going down, down, down, down..."... /d/ is another plosive consonant. Technically, you should be able to get the same or similar "plosive" attack on that, but it wasn't quite the same as the /b/ on "...betcha". You might try that "down, down, down... part a few more times and see if you can get more inertia behind it? 

1:05... "barracuda"... frickin cool bro... really love that vibe...

Pretty good and really takes nuts to try this, especially as a man... I have tried to sing this when coaching women that choose this song and it is really hard... way to step up and attempt the impossible man... in particular, I like you choice to use distortion to fatten the sound color and make it more your own, given the limitations of your gender on this... nice Job Broheim!

• 2 weeks later...

"Olem thanks for the feedback and the words man. Would you mind pointing spots where its most evident"

It is the "th"sound you can improve but i must point out that it is no big deal. If you just stick out the tip of your tounge between your teeth and you will be fine. The accent can be found in the beginning phrase "This is the end" for example. Cheers!